Oil Leak

OrlaTypeR

Sunday Drivers
well folks, have an oil leak cant really find the source, its leakin onto d exhaust and when im driving it blows back along d car but im thinkin its coming out of d breather but nt really sure any1 any idea?? its nt a major leak only a drop but enough to p*ss me off :angry1:

Orla

Rocker cover gasket, look down at exhaust manifold and you should see oil or marks of oil in contours of heat shield :thumbsup: not a big issue, around 15 euro for gasket for each side

had the engine out over xmas doing the clutch and replaced seals on d rockers coz we thought that was d problem but its still leakin :sad:

front crank shaft oil seal if the leak is at the front of the engine or

rear crank shaft oil seal if its dripping from in between gearbox and engine

[quote author=KENC link=topic=22751.msg272696#msg272696 date=1270858638]
can you see where on exhaust it is?
[/quote]
its just under d rocker, we have it narrowed down to cam shaft seals.. would it possible that its blowin out of d breather on d rocker??

doubtful it the breather, i'd say rocker cover gasket or rocker cover bolt gaskets or the half moon shaped cam seals :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=22751.msg273040#msg273040 date=1271006250]
doubtful it the breather, i'd say rocker cover gasket or rocker cover bolt gaskets or the half moon shaped cam seals :thumbsup:
[/quote]
had a look at d cam seals today, gonna put new ones in to eliminate that any idea where id get these?? also lookin for water pump mite aswell do the hole lot together

Back