Idle speed control valve problem!!

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Darren 2010

Sunday Drivers
Hi everyone!! I have a 1.6 gl impreza 00 and the revs stay up when its cold when changing gear,, for example when i clutch it when changing gear at lets say 3,000rmp the rpm wont go done for a few secs! but when the car warms up its not as bad.. any1 one

Hi,

I edited your post a bit, as you had the question in a poll for some reason. It'll save confusion.

Steve.

Might even be the Engine Temp sensor at fault even, my car used to do something similar.
Even got the idle control valve cleaned out, no joy. Subaru mechanic then checked
the car over, half hour job. Engine Temp sensor at fault. Hope you get it sorted.

ah cool. i done the same thing with the idle speed control valve but was still the same... was your temp gauge working fine :ponder:??

Temp guage working fine but the car was running rough.
Thought straight away it was my trottle body/idle control.
Subaru mechanic knew straight away it was my temp sensor.
Cost about €150 for the new sensor fitted. I'd get it checked out
by someone who definitely knows, save you alot of time running around and guessing.

well mine runs grand jus revs up high on starting when cold (bout 1900rpm) then wen gets warm it ticks over grand.. its kinda hard to explain but if u heard it for yourself you would no exsactly what i ment

Have you tried cleaning out the trottle body yourself. Sometimes you
get a good build up of carbon, i've used the injector spray, most motorfactors
should have a type of cleaner spray €10 a bottle. If that doesnt help maybe
call in an experts time :thumbsup:

yeah i sprayed a bit of carb cleaner in there but still noting.. il prob end up going to subaru to get in checked on there diagnostics gear.. im geting a temp sensor so hoping for the best when i put it in the car :pray:..

It does sound like one of the issues already mentioned is at fault.

Best to see if any fault codes are present anyway :thumbsup:

Hey lads,
Have a simular problem with my legacy, can idle rough ticking over @ 800-900rpm, can give a rev up and cut dack down to 600rpm. also when cold she can sem to stay high in the revs between gears aroung 1800 - 2000 rpm :doh: when she is hot she is grang but often idles a bit low still @ 600rpm any ideas :ponder2: and just to be sure in my 94' single turbo legacy is my idlre control valve located infront of my intercooler to the right hand side as your looking @ the engine? :dontknow: where is my temp sensor located?
Thanks lads :icon_redface: :icon_redface:

sorry if f hijacked your topic :shock2:

thanks for all your ideas :thumbsup: il hope for the best when i try some different things and when i get it sorted il leave up a msg for yous to see :xmas_cheers:

Back