changing top radiator hose pipe for new one

swerv555

Petrolheads
Got new rad fitted bout month ago , every thing custi , 2 weeks later top left hose blew (general wear an tear on 10yr old car) , did nt have a clue how to change it but got job done today with minmal tools (pliers and flat nosed screw driver ) .

searched google etc, but to no avail got no help :wall:

I m no mehanic ,but i searched entire blog and no thread on this , if any one else can post simplest way would be much appreciated . :thumbsup:

:doh: :doh:

Only way to do it Swerv is the way you went at it.

Can be a bi7ch to change sometimes depending on strenght of hose but once over the lip of the rad its job done. :thumbsup:

Try twisting the hose also before taking of old one as it usally sticks to the rad lip. :thumbsup:

[quote author=keith555 link=topic=22684.msg272189#msg272189 date=1270685599]
Only way to do it Swerv is the way you went at it.

Can be a bi7ch to change sometimes depending on strenght of hose but once over the lip of the rad its job done. :thumbsup:

Try twisting the hose also before taking of old one as it usally sticks to the rad lip. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

nothing as bad as sticky lips keith .... :dontknow:

another little trick i found good when changing this was to put the new hose in a cup of boiling water to soften both ends,allows it to go on handier. :653:

[quote author=swerv555 link=topic=22684.msg272192#msg272192 date=1270686076]
nothing as bad as sticky lips keith .... :dontknow:
[/quote]
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good tip ej20inside :thumbsup:

I did mine and ended up cutting the thing to shredds to get it off. It was well stuck to the lips :lol:

Lube(the answer to all lifes problems). Place the end in hot water
and add abit of lube, if you have it, that or washing up liquid
helps soften and easy the hose on.Hope that helps and have fun.

Back