Equal Length Headers

Stevie3000

Sunday Drivers
What's up folks,
Looking at a V5 STi at the moment over in the UK. It's a fresh import and as far as the salesman is aware, the only mods are equal length headers (make unknown) and a boost guage which I presume were fitted in Japan.

Is a remap required following fitment of the equal length headers? I'll be doing the usual stage 1 mods (decat etc) followed by a remap if I get it. Just want to know how (apart from loosing the flat 4 rumble) equal length headers affect performance/consumption/reliability etc?

Also, would I be better off replacing them with OE unequal length headers as I believe from reading other posts that unless you've fitted a bigger turbo etc, they're a bit of a waste of money?

Can you please keep replies as simple as possible... i'm a bit of a jerk when it comes to things technical :comp26:

Cheers,
Stevie :049:

equal length headers are more effecient and reliable as far as i know, not sure about anything else though :dontknow:

I can tell you what is a waste of money,, going to England for a car you can't be saving money considering some of the cars I've seen for sale in Ireland.

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=22678.msg272121#msg272121 date=1270672174]
I can tell you what is a waste of money,, going to England for a car you can't be saving money considering some of the cars I've seen for sale in Ireland.
[/quote]

Ha, yea... you're not the first person to say that alright.

Just seems to be more variety in the UK and the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment too :thumbsup:

You have gotta be out of your mind going to the UK. The value in cars here has never been better for buyers at the moment.

Slightly off topic here I know but TBH, I've yet to come across a mint, unmolested, low mileage car over here so the UK it is.

I'm keeping a close eye on things over here too though. We'll see how things go...

[quote author=Stevie3000 link=topic=22678.msg272137#msg272137 date=1270674681]
[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=22678.msg272121#msg272121 date=1270672174]
[/quote]

Ha, yea... you're not the first person to say that alright.

Just seems to be more variety in the UK and the exchange rate is pretty good at the moment too :thumbsup:
[/quote]
I just don't think you can do it cheaper. When it comes to JDM classics I don't think theres more variety in the UK, the only country with more JDM cars per capita then Ireland is New Zealand

[quote author=dohcturbo link=topic=22678.msg272142#msg272142 date=1270675344]
stick up pics :icon_grin:
[/quote]

Hey man, the pix were sent to my work email address so I can't get 'em up tonight and they havn't updated their website yet either.

Tis just a standard, white STi :thumbsup:

Back