Strange problem Legacy Bc5 92

Legy C

Petrolheads
All of the following is happening when warming up

Hesitation just coming on boost but if I power through it everything feels fine. judders and splutters at about 2 to 2,500 rpm

Started it yesterday and it ran for about 10 seconds like a 1.6 carina, no grumble at all and when i reved it there was no dump valve action either :dontknow: it was perfectly smooth but dead quiet.

when i started it last night it was rocking quite badly on the mounts as if it was only running on 3 pots and backfired twice.

when everything warms up its running 100%

I have my suspicions but don't want to influence your opinions. any info greatly appreciated :thumbsup:

Have a bit of a problem myself with an impreza which I think is leaning towards having to be re-mapped.

While trying to diagnose the problem I got quiet a bit of info on what causes certain things!

One being vaccum......... You say urs is running a bit rough at idle....loosing vaccum via a cracked or loose line could cause this, which could also be causing the lack of blow off from your BOV. Maybe the vaccum line to the valve!?! :dontknow:

Dont think warming up could correct this tho?!

could it be a coil tony :dontknow:
ive 3 spare coils there if u want to swap um around............

Thanks John, Its going down to Huzzy later on today for TLC. i might be on to ya for a coil if thats the problem :thumbsup:

the car has been running sweet today and yesterday :ponder2:

Back