fitting a boost gauge????

I tee of the solenoid,as i think its the most accurate,alot of people use the hose off the bov,what either works best for you and easier to run. :thumbsup:

[quote author=skinny-controller link=topic=22661.msg271961#msg271961 date=1270599584]
I tee of the solenoid,as i think its the most accurate,alot of people use the hose off the bov,what either works best for you and easier to run. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

which one ders loads haha

I fitted mine off pipe number 11, the 3 pipes coming off the manifold are numbered. Its in the top left of the pic in the red rectangle. :thumbsup:
Eli.

Vacuumpipe1.jpg

[quote author=eliroche link=topic=22661.msg271997#msg271997 date=1270628900]
I fitted mine off pipe number 11, the 3 pipes coming off the manifold are numbered. Its in the top left of the pic in the red rectangle. :thumbsup:
Eli.

Vacuumpipe1.jpg

[/quote]

nice one will do tat :thumbsup:

Mine is fitted off the manifold as shown in the pic attached, The manifold shows the accurate pressure going into the cylinders which is what you're looking for :thumbsup:

[quote author=colmbarr1988 link=topic=22661.msg272059#msg272059 date=1270653624]
ok so i feed it off 11 and the gauge is sittin at -0.5 is this rite?
[/quote]

Yep that should be grand at idle, it should rise towards zero when you rev it sitting still and then register boost when driving.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=22661.msg272089#msg272089 date=1270663603]
Mine is fitted off the manifold as shown in the pic attached, The manifold shows the accurate pressure going into the cylinders which is what you're looking for :thumbsup:

[/quote]
Think that is the same pipe i fitted it too just further back, had a shortage of vacuum pipe supplied with boost gauge and got as close to firewall as possible! Did you cut into the pipe there where you highlighted it? Is that pipe not brittle there?

Mine is fitted differently to the above!! Has been like that since before i bought the car. Is it fitted wrong or just a different way of doing the same thing. :ponder2:

I've attached a pic below. :thumbsup:

my one was fit it the exact same spot , right on the blue t piece mate but since i took it out the car is running much sweeter...i could feel her stalling now and then between 3-5 thousand revs.....hasnt happened once since i took it out :thumbsup:

will be trying to fit a boost gauge tomorrow, does anyone know where i can buy some longer vaccuum piping if needed? also with a mechanical boost gauge do you only need power for the illumination? mine came with 4 wires but im curious do all 4 need to be connected up?

Hi
I tink the 4 wires are 2 for illumination and the other 2 for d rev needle...dont quote me on dat but id guess so..you can buy the vaccum hose from any motor factors its about 2 euro a meter they call it fuel hose but its the same thing just make sure the internal size is the same...not dat it matters its only a vacuum but a snug fit is best.....best of luck mate :thumbsup:

4 wires? What make is it Dan? Any pics?

It should only need 2, a positive and negative for illumination just like the factory Lamco boost gauges.
No idea what the other 2 are for.

Dunboyne motor factors have a selection of vacuum and fuel line there :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=22661.msg272659#msg272659 date=1270848145]
4 wires? What make is it Dan? Any pics?

It should only need 2, a positive and negative for illumination just like the factory Lamco boost gauges.
No idea what the other 2 are for.

Dunboyne motor factors have a selection of vacuum and fuel line there :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Its a glowshift gauge it has black, yellow, purple and orangey/red wires

Black = negative
red = positive

IMO:

yellow = illumination positive
orange i've no idea

Hey just checked

Black = Engine Ground
Orange and Purple = 12v ignition switch (+)
Yellow = 12v constant (+)

All available at back of head unit ..best of look

got it more or less wired up is there a way to hook up the gauge to use the the dimmer/brightness button on the dash?

Back