Stoptech callipers v.s newage Brembos

KENC

ISDC Club Member
This is a kind of a double question thread, i have took proud ownership of a set of near new Stoptech front 4pot calipers and disks with bells.
What i am wondering is are these much better than Newage Brembos? and are they more sought after?

from what i read when i was doing my research stoptech would be a set up from the Brembo's

stock---> Brembo's ----> AP Racing ----->Alcon/Prodrive------>Stoptech------> Endless!

all depends on size of discs and number of pistons too.

Correct me if im wrong on the order there!

There 4 piston, not sure of diameter, i know cheapest set is 1600 sterling do

Bloody hard to know!
I suppose it just comes down to which you prefer the look of!!
Newage brembos with the right disc/pads/fluid (performance fiction/carbon lorraine/motul race fluid) combo will not be overwelmed on the hottest of track sessions!
And they are authentic scooby stuff! (I love brembos on classics)
The stoptech may well be better brakes, but maybe overkill!
Which ever you like the look of!
Dan

@ Dan: I'd put Alcon/ Prodrive after the stock 4 pots but before Brembos as they are smaller than Brembo discs and smaller pads/calipers/pistons than brembos,

But as for the rest, I am unsure. I've never measured or even seen them in person to make a comparison

i think they are same size as newage disks, all i can find on site is for 01 up, and in 4 pot section, it says standard wheels will clear, tbh i dnt do track days, and i am scavaging for money to fund a bigger turbo, want to buy it out of freed up money rather than from my pocket... if i thought i would get decent money and a set of good clean Newage Brembos,pads a disks for the stoptechs i probably would sell them,
These are them
http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/images/stoptech%20big%20brake%20kits.jpg

Stoptecks look the job!
My porsche brakes are brembo!!
Dan

Just new age 4 pots!
I'm not sure who makes the classic ones!
Dan

the calipers on a gts skyline, look exact same as classic 4 pots, think they use same pad aswell
Dan...Would you think i would get someone wanting to upgrade from there Newage Brembos to my Stoptechs?

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=22607.msg271755#msg271755 date=1270539424]
I thought ap 6 pots were the ultimate according to the way people have previously spoken on here :dontknow:
[/quote]

+1

The R32 gtst front and rear calipers are identical to classic type R and newage WRX front and rears!
As such, for anyone who has a classic type R or a newage WRX that has upgrade to gold brembos up front but still has the red rear calipers would benifit form swapping to the stoptechs
Or anyone just looking to upgrade the front without having to change rear calipers aswell to match the colour!
Best of luck!
Dan

the 4 pots on the impreza sti classic are made by sumitomo a japanes company many manufactures use the same brake setup including the gtst skyline

Back