Wanted - Big Turbo for 97 Legacy

Yogi

Petrolheads
As above.

Needed asap as the one in the car is after letting go big time..

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it as the car needs to get back on the road fast.

Graham
086 3535688

Try mc Keevers up north they do 2nd hand subaru parts 048 2887740067
also try E.T. international (Eddie Torrens), ive dealt with them and they can deliver within a day or 2 provided its a stocked part, dont have the number at hand but you'll find em in the golden pages in the car Dismantlers section

Thanks Kevin..

Does anyone have one lying around or know of anyone a bit closer to Cork? Will travel if needs be but the closer the better.

Yogi.....

Try a dismantler in waterford called Paschal power he's somewhere along the road to wexford i believe, he recently had some scoobie bits, heres his number 051877911

worth a shot anyway!! :thumbsup:

Yogi what kinda turbo you looking for? I got a TD04 that I was gonna fit to my legacy before the engine went bang. I also have a standard turbo from a uk spec series 2 legacy

What is the model number?..ive a 97 legacy twin turbo and the "bigger" turbo was a vf19,
I think i might have one if it is that,you have to take the turbo off to check tho

I'll get onto the garage today and find out what exact turbo it is.
I'm not sure which one it is. It's a Jap import 97 twin turbo, and the 2nd (bigger) turbo blew.

@Dar & Omeara Darragh; where abouts in the country are ye?

Ya the TD04's are used in Imprezas etc.

Found out that the one that is on it is an IHI VF 18.

Not sure what the difference is size wise between the TD04 and vf18 or is it possible to bolt them on. Does anyone know?

Does anyone know if the vf19 will do the job?

If either turbo is different in size, will it affect the performance of the car? - as in will it run crap or will it need to be re-tuned. Surely it'll affect boost pressures etc

Im in dublin but know a boy who goes to cork every weekend,
ask him what side of the car the blown turbo is on? drivers side or passenger side?

It's defiantely on the drivers side... There was oil all over the shop on that side when it blew. Is this what you have? If so I'll more than likely take it off you. Price dependant ;)

Called McKeevers and they were going to have a look for me. Ringing them back in the morning. Renno555 found one over in the UK but it'll be a few weeks before it is sent over with his stuff.

Thanks Dar... :thumbsup:

if its the drivers then its vf18 yeah,i should have one,my car is in england at the moment ill have it back hopefully next week,
I bought the turbo off mckeevers and its in great condition,
150euro is what i want,i paid 200 for it only 2 months ago
Thanks

[quote author=dar link=topic=2588.msg24202#msg24202 date=1181758564]
if its the drivers then its vf18 yeah,i should have one,my car is in england at the moment ill have it back hopefully next week,
I bought the turbo off mckeevers and its in great condition,
150euro is what i want,i paid 200 for it only 2 months ago
Thanks
[/quote]

Cheers Dar...

That'd be the tits if you can get it back next week. Any ideas when next week you think it'll be back? Just need to let the garage know how long the car will be with them.
Have you used the turbo ya? Is it all working perfectly? Any play in the shafts?

If it's back next week I'l take it off you. Can't see McKeevers beating that price..

Thanks a million,
Graham

I only put it in,no play in the shaft,oil seals are fine,everything is 100%
Yeah i should have it back monday or tuesday for definite
Thanks
Darren

Back