2.5" - 3" re-map?

Airflow would indeed be affected so i would presume a tweak would be in order .....

how much are these tweak maps exactly , does anyone know...

if you want to get the best from it, yes it will need a map but i wouldnt bother as a tweak map is between 350 and 500 depending who you go with, so not worth it for just an exhaust tweak.

If you have a adjustable fuel pressure reg you could increase the pressure slightly to be safe but more than likely its mapped on the rich side so shouldn't lean out enough to cause any issues.

The fuel reg is already set to 3 bar... should be ok???

I have a few more bits i want to get so i might leave it till then to get it mapped when i get them fitted.

As Above,
I certainly wouldn't re-map for the sake of an exhaust, I imagen 3" is overkill if still running standard turbo anyway!
I wouldn't run unmapped either,
Get a few hardware mods, ie. 2nd hand Vf35 or similar, 3 port solinoid, port your standard headers, and your 3" system and up the reg to 3.5bar, then remap,
I work on the do loads of stuff to get the best value from your remap train of thought! :icon_biggrin:
She'll be savage!
Have fun what ever you do!
Dan

get a wide band o2 sensor and adjust the fueling yourself,the extra volume of air between 2.5 and 3 inch is minut,I would wait for a tweek till you need it.

[quote author=sti v6 link=topic=22476.msg270308#msg270308 date=1269971528]
The fuel reg is already set to 3 bar... should be ok???

I have a few more bits i want to get so i might leave it till then to get it mapped when i get them fitted.
[/quote]

Was it mapped when set to 3bar? What ecu do you have?

If you go ahead with the 3" and fancy taking a spin to Galway I can hook up a wideband and check your AFR's

A good boost controller would keep that at bay, wouldn't it?? :dontknow:
I don't think the Power FC has boost control (my skyline one doesn't), so he more than likely has a controller
Dan

No boost controler.... just the apexi. She is boosting steady and normal like when i had the 2.5" on.

nearly 1 year ago i went from 3' kakimoto down to 2.5' sti genome , and was told remap was not needed !!

Back