should an 02 sti have a five or six speed box

i just bought a sti box from an 02 bug eye and it was a five speed.
so its clearly not a sti box then

Afraid not buddy, sounds like they sold you a wrx box. Would be looking for a refund pronto :new_2gunsfiring_v1:

version 6 was the last one then. the lad i bought it off says it came out of an 02 sti and it might be a late registered model

[quote author=mickyd link=topic=22475.msg270513#msg270513 date=1270040256]
version 6 was the last one then. the lad i bought it off says it came out of an 02 sti and it might be a late registered model
[/quote]

Does this chap also say mass?

he said i could go down and have a look at the car if i wanted, the one it came out of

Doesnt matter what it has come out off, if its 5spd its not a Bugeye STI box,
The price is a good indicator aswell, you wont get a 6spd for 750euro..
Typical example of if its too good to be true its not true.
That wrx box is probably worth 4 to 500 max.
Go back, get your money back and give him a kick in the stones 4 himself.. is he from Limerick by any chance?
Dont think that he didnt know either, 6spds are double the weight, have a sump, have an oil pump in them with oil pipes running up there side, have a lift lever on gear stick with cable going to lever on box so reverse can be engaged, flywheel is different aswell

As above,
Bring it back to him, get your money back!
Out of interest, Was there any classic STI's in 2002?? If not, then he has no legal right to refuse you your money back! Or if he said it was a six speed!
I think P1's may have still been in production! I doubt it's one of them!
Dan

[quote author=mickyd link=topic=22475.msg270435#msg270435 date=1269993304]
i just bought a sti box from an 02 bug eye and it was a five speed.
so its clearly not a sti box then
[/quote]
He said it was from a Bug eye Dan, i reckon he just a chancer, maybe it wrx with sti seats or even an sti that 6spd broke and guy couldnt afford anything but a 5speed to replace?

:doh: :lol:
G'man Ken

Ring the lad, tell him you are legally entitled to your money back, if he f**ks you around, just tell him the your solicitor will deal with it and then he will have to pay those fees also!
Best of luck, and let us know how you get on!
Dan

Back