Car Running Crap(sorted) :)

KudzSTi

Petrolheads
Hi Guys,

changed the plugs in the car yesterday, there were PFR 6B's in it and they are the ones i got again
since then the car doesn't seem to be running right

on idle she feels shaky and when i rev slightly (approx 1200 rpm) it feels like the engine is shaking
i also notice when its at about 4k rpm it feels hesitant/holding back before the turbo kicks in
feels slighty choppy to drive

i connected the black connectors under the dash and the following codes flashed up
22 - knock Sensor (KS) 1, RH - Circuit malfunction
23 - Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor - Circuit Malfunction
31 - Throttle Position (TP) sensor - Signal Malfunction

the 3 of these are hardly gone, the car was running fine until i done the plugs
the only thing i can think of is maybe i left a plug loose (would that cause this?)
i changed the plugs one at a time so there is no chance i mixed up the coil packs (bolt on type)

any advise would be appreciated
Thanks
John

Re: Fault Codes

cheers clom tried that but still the same
the idle was a bit rough this morning , sounded like she was missing when she was cold
also giving it a good run i noticed it misses/dies around 4500/5000rpm when boosting and comes back to life
really feels like its hesitating
i have checked and no vacuum hoses have come off/cracked

Re: Car Running Crap

Sounds to me like a coilpack breaking down. Loosen of the packs and pull of the rubber on the end and check for hair line cracks on them. The heat leaves them very brittle and easy damaged when changing plugs! Happened to me but may be differant in your case :ponder2:

Cheers Stew pulled them back out yesterday all are fine, I reset the ecu again today and took her for a spin, only code coming up is 23 maf sensor

think that's where the prob lies

[quote author=Kudz link=topic=22455.msg270503#msg270503 date=1270038675]
Cheers Stew pulled them back out yesterday all are fine, I reset the ecu again today and took her for a spin, only code coming up is 23 maf sensor

think that's where the prob lies
[/quote]

If my maf is the same you can call down and try it man

cheers Tommy :thumbsup: , i think the ones in the later models are different
I think i have sourced a 2nd hand one, will be collecting it in the morning :dance:

Back