serious misfire

Blitzer09

Middle Lane Hogs
wats de story folks bita help needed..... was drivin down de road last nite not a bother pulled up to a set of lights and all of a sudden de car started shakin and vibratin really badly.. i came off de clutch to continue down de road and she cut out... i nursed de car to de nearest petrol station and started ta investigate.. de car would rev to 2500rpm not a bother den farted and spluttered de rest of de way... air flow metre is fine as i replaced it wit a spare one... i disconnected de coils on de driver side and de enine ran exactly de same but if i disconnected de paso ones de car would cut out... both de coils on de driver are gettin spark... does this sound like head gasket gone????? de car is not over heating and showed no sign of head gasket problem before this.... any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

regards
Gareth

You must have been saving the letters T and H for your name...!!!

Don't count out the AFM if it was a second hand one you put in. Some could be faulty.
Sounds like you might be down a few coils on the passenger side. If it is running the same without them, she's down two cylinders. Try replace them first and see how you get on.

[quote author=Yogi link=topic=22449.msg270011#msg270011 date=1269880988]
You must have been saving the letters T and H for your name...!!!

Don't count out the AFM if it was a second hand one you put in. Some could be faulty.
Sounds like you might be down a few coils on the passenger side. If it is running the same without them, she's down two cylinders. Try replace them first and see how you get on.
[/quote]hahaha de t and h r bogey on my keyboard :icon_grin: eh i put coils in dem i hav spare coils and afm from a previous car still de same i left de coils out and started de car and der sparkin fine??????

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=22449.msg270028#msg270028 date=1269884594]
defo not head gasket

sounds like coils on passenger side
[/quote]i hope ur rite duffman i only put a new box in last week.... but i hav 4 spare coils and i tried all of dem to no avail my head is wrecked... its been sittin up all nite and i went ta start it der and its strugglin ta start and wen it does it just cuts out..?????

check the plugs aswell, i had a cracked plug a few months back and it caused a serious misfire and caused the engine to cut out.....

I could just be your spark plugs!!
Sure throw in a fresh set and you'll never have to do it again
I imagen the two in the cylinders that aren't working are screwed now anyway!
I hope you get sorted soon, I'd say one of our tech heads will be on shortly to give his opinion!

Regarding the text talk, Most of us can't read it! :thumbsup:
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=22449.msg270036#msg270036 date=1269885373]
:lol: :lol:
You beat me to it johnny! :thumbsup:
Dan
[/quote] :icon_lol: :tongue:

Thanks for the heads up Dan I only put pfr7b's in it not too long ago would it be regular that 2 plugs would go at the same time on the same side???? Thanks for all your help so far lads

on the passenger side some times the plugs are tightend to tight as theres a bit more room to get to them, i had the same problem before and the two plugs on that side had cracks in them.

if you had of said at the start you only changed the plugs i would have taught of that.

i'm sure its either one

when i say i changed dem it might have been christmas wen i did them they should last longer going by my experience with subarus but then again stranger things are known to happen i suppose... i have a friend coming down with a compression tester at 8 please go its good news thanks DUFFMAN :thumbsup:

Oh Jaysus!
Sorry man!!
That sucks ass
Is it worth getting a second opinion? you might save your self a load of hassle!
Build her bigger and better, :thumbsup:
Dan

had two mechanics look at it today both came too same conclusion 10 bar in paso cylinders and 2 bar in driver side...... ye defo bigger and better no point stayin standard dat would be just wrong... eh its a 96 sti type ra McRae eddition and didnt giv one sign it was gonna go didnt over heat or anythin :dontknow:

Back