wood burning stove

northdublin

Petrolheads
this is a long shot but i have a stanley oisin (shire) multifuel stove in black .i had planned to restore it and fit it into of the rooms in my house.
when i say restore it needs a door sealing rope and a blanking plate. it was given to me as payment for a job with the ashes and cinders still in it so it will need a good clean and i plan to take it apart and clean it piece by piece. could be a complete waste of time putting it up here but its worth a shot. i have a stove in the house allready and i use it everyday and i know a lot of ppl have gone back to using fossil fuels lately so somebody might be interested in it. if there is any intrest ill throw up a few pics and order in the bits it needs.

at a quick glance over the net they seem to be going for 300 euro second hand so i would ask for 200 euro ono..........if this seem to high let me know but i know a bit about them and fitted the one i have here allready.

I might be interested in this :thumbsup:

Can you stick up a few pics and let me know what's involved in fitting one of these?

Cheers.

Alan

[quote author=P1 Alan link=topic=22347.msg269052#msg269052 date=1269507455]
I might be interested in this :thumbsup:

Can you stick up a few pics and let me know what's involved in fitting one of these?

Cheers.

Alan
[/quote]

fitting them is straightforward enough, pipe out the back or top of the stove and if it going to existing chimney then simply get a blanking plate to put pipe through and make sure its air sealed. if no chimney then pipe out through the wall and up past eave gutter bout .75 meter or so depending on direction facing. the pipework for outside is pricy tho as it has to be twin-walled. hope thats of use. :thumbsup:

no bother alan ill stick up a few pics later.
when i was fitting mine i used a 1 meter enamel coated flue pipe connected to a stainless steel double wall flue liner. this means that the flue from the stove is as good as one piece all the way to the chimney pot where i have a rain cowl.
imo this way of fitting them makes sure there are no ledges or shelfs for the soot to gather and cause problems. if you connect a flue flue from a stove up into an existing chimney flue the soot can gather around where they meet cause the stove flue will be narrower then the existing flue. there are a few ways of doing it and it depends on the house.

Just a quick question, or possibl problem, after seeing my chimney as it was being built, there is no way i would get any kind of piping up it.. what do i do then? i mean my flu goes up then to left, up, then to right and etc etc for draft....
where is this to be collected?

We just installed one a few months ago, its piped out from the rear with a 90degree bend up, there is 2 pieces of pipework from the stove around 3ft in total, the pipe that rises to meet the flu goes around another pipe which sits down into it around half a ft but then it widens out to meet the hole it the chimney, its a snug fit so a bit of timber and with a tap from a claw hammer helped it home :icon_grin: then some fire cement and some high temp fire sealant and job sorted,
its some difference they give off great heat and from 6 until say 12 all the fuel that's needed is 3 medium shovels of coal and 4-5 timber blocks :thumbsup:

[quote author=KENC link=topic=22347.msg269205#msg269205 date=1269551617]
Just a quick question, or possibl problem, after seeing my chimney as it was being built, there is no way i would get any kind of piping up it.. what do i do then? i mean my flu goes up then to left, up, then to right and etc etc for draft....
where is this to be collected?
[/quote]

sometimes its just not posible to fit a stove without work on the masonary in the brest. my existing flue has an elbow in it about half way up but the liner i used is flexable to a certain degree. where you have a flue from the stove meeting your existing flue in the brest there is usually a size differance, ie flue from stove is a 6'' dia and the existing flue is a 9' clay flue or is a square block flue. this area at the throat of the chimney is susceptible to soot gathering there and posibly causing a chimney fire. if you can build the existing flue around your flue from the stove into a funnel shape this will help the crap that gathers there fall sefely back into the stove when it cools down. the other option is to install a soot door or hatch which allows you to remove the crap without taking the flue apart everytime it needs cleaning but this means knocking a hole in the brest above the stove oppisite where the stove flu meets the existing flue

the grate is perfect, the little knob on the front is to riddle the grate to get the ash to fall into the collection pan underneath. i had a closer look at it this evening and inside there are like slabs of fire brick. two on the left, two on the right and one at the back. the one at the back is split but i dont think it makes much differance as the ones at the side are in two halves.
ps..... its in rush in north county dublin if anyone wants a butchers and i can deliver it anywhere in dublin and surrounding areas.
thanks for lookin

Would i be right in saying that the bricks are there instead of a boiler?

[quote author=KENC link=topic=22347.msg270759#msg270759 date=1270076401]
Would i be right in saying that the bricks are there instead of a boiler?
[/quote]

you could be right there ken. it does come with a factory option to heat the water.

Back