sti low on boost~not enough air?

B

boost

hey all,

recently bought an impreza and it seems its not getting enough air or something. in stopped position, when i take off in first, its like an automatic when i release clutch...theres no way of accelerating or finding boost. then as i change gear and finally up into 4th or 5th it runs fine bt that prob bcoz theres so much air coming into car at this stage...

do i need a new induction kit or wld it be coilpacks or something..

i'm not well up on the imprezas..

cheers

damien

Damien you need to get someone to look at that.
Definitly not your standard prob :ponder: When you say induction kit
is it an aftermarket or standard ??

Niall.

:ponder:Try the Boost solenoid, my legacyB4 was down on power and not really boosting til it was up in the rev range,something similar i suppose? twas also running a bit rough, not sure if yours is doing that too but its something to watch out for, its cheaper than replacing the coils anyway at around 200 euro for the boost solenoid,((you'll find the part number on the solenoid itself in the event that you'll need one)) from a main dealer a pair of coils including labour will cost about 600 quid mate!!
best a luck with it!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :subaru:

thanks for the responses lads....went back to the guy i bought it off and this is what he said so i might check the following...

"ye maybe it is not sealed properly or else there is a pipe off, start the car with the bonnet open and have a listen around, if a pipe came off you would hear a sucking noise, i had a vacuum pipe come off on me once of twice, last time the dump valve vacuum came off, there should be a large and a small pipe attached to the HKS dump valve so give that a check aswell, regarding the checklight if you ring around there is a fieu people that deal with all the stuff on performance cars, any im sure there is plenty of them around dublin, im glad got it and your still happy i would hate to see someone abusing her, il just give you a quick checklist of possibe things to solve the problem.

-check there is 2 pipes going to the dump valve (one large,one small)

-listen around the engine for a vacuum pipe that came loose (them small black pipes running around the engine are vacuum pipes and if one comes off you will hear the sucking noise coming from the pipe like a mini hoover pipe)

-the only part of the engine that you should hear sucking in air is the blue air filter"

cldnt have asked for a nicer guy to deal with!!

Back