aftermarket speakers for back shelf

swerv555

Petrolheads
Hi all,just wonderingis it possible to buy decent aftermarket rear speakers that fit in original holes ,had some JBL ones in my last bus ,but they were slightly to small :oops:

i had 6x9's in my last car ( 00 turbo) and they were too big, i had them bolted up from the boot side.

if thats any help to you

mack

I got these about 18 months ago, I remember having to drill one extra hole so the fit was secure. I did a lot of research before chosing them and stayed away from 6x9s as I read a lot of opinions that the sound from them wasn't as good as perfectly round speakers. Happy shopping!

http://www.theloudest.co.uk/?sectionid=2&page=view_product&product_id=82

BTW, my scooby is a classic. The fronts (straight replacement without spacers and reshaping the inner door) I got these:

JBL GTO-626e, 6.25" (16cm) 180W

I have Fusion speakers in the back of my 00 Impreza.Got them in Halfords.Had to get the smallest ones about 5 inches as anything bigger wouldnt fit.Got tweeters with them too.They do the job anyway.The guy that fitted them for me told me to stay away from 6x9s aswell.

I have a set of speakers that should fit.Got them from subaru place in australia.

Changed my mind and fitted 6x9. No problem removing/cutting back shelf but knightmare trying to refit.

:smokin:

Unusal shaped rear spk.on classic,did a job for one of the lads who had bought round ones,got some hard-board and made a template did the job,if you dont want to go down that road check out the bigger brands they usually make custom fit jobs that sit straight in

Back