Headlight Clean up

Kielyb4

Petrolheads
Hi Lads,

Got the meguires headlight restoration kit and used it at the weekend. It got rid of all the japo yellow bits on the lights but i can still see the scratches if you know what i eman :angry1:

Anybody know a more agressive compound to get rid of the marks? Is there anything you can get in halfords?

Cheers lads :subaru:

Depending on the depth of the scratches, they may need to be wet sanded.. and then polished out.. To be honest, you're probably p!ssing in the wind trying to remove scratches on the headlights by hand, you'd need a machine.. I recently wetsanded mac macs using 2000 grit and polished using farleca G3 compound, followed by Menzerna 203S and they came up a treat in the 2hours i had to spend on them. I have some pics at home that I can upload later to show you if you like :thumbsup:

Yea cheers for that daue :thumbsup:..I was using a drill with the meguires gick but only got off the yellow stuff and left the scrathes,

throw up the pices and want to see cuz i really want to get them looking brand new with no sh*t on the lights :angry1:

like the man said, he did myne and a fine job at that , cheers again rob :thumbsup:

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=22260.msg268241#msg268241 date=1269257535]
Yea cheers for that daue :thumbsup:..I was using a drill with the meguires gick but only got off the yellow stuff and left the scrathes,

throw up the pices and want to see cuz i really want to get them looking brand new with no sh*t on the lights :angry1:
[/quote]

From the sounds of it, they probably need to be wetsanded first. If you run your nail across the lens, does it catch on the scratches?

[quote author=mac mac link=topic=22260.msg268258#msg268258 date=1269260193]
like the man said, he did myne and a fine job at that , cheers again rob :thumbsup:
[/quote]

No worries boss, we'll sort the deep scratches out when we have a bit more time :thumbsup:

i usually use peek metal polish when they are real bad and brings them up like new, but it does need to be done very few months

Back