car wont start

leoquig

Middle Lane Hogs
bit of a long story, after finally getting the gear box sorted was parking the car and it started to run very bad and then cut out. would not restart evntually ran battery flat. got the car home and started the diagnosis. hav checked all the obsivous areas, have fuel,spark checked compression,stripped timing belt covers all ok, replaced crank position sensor and tried a different cam position sensor still would not start, removed alarm incase was gone dodgy,still no joy. have tried a tow start also. when cranking it is poping out the exaust but no fire like the fuel is igniting in the exhaust. i have a simteck ecu fitted that im waiting on software from the uk to arrive so i can read the ecu. anybody have any experance of simteck ecu giving problems.i have nearly run out of ideas at this stage and head is wrecked :angry1:

valve timing is defo ok???
exhaust popping!!!
any links to the simtek interrogation software leo???
would be interested in getting this..

thats a strange one leo, i cant think of anything else, have you had any other issues with it before you were parking her up?

ya valve timing is defo ok. getting the software from nick in coture autos. have to get the sereal number from ur ecu because they are all different.

[quote author=leoquig link=topic=22206.msg267769#msg267769 date=1269103535]
ya valve timing is defo ok. getting the software from nick in coture autos. have to get the sereal number from ur ecu because they are all different.
[/quote]
thanks man..

Hello Leo,

If you still have your original ECU, put it in to eliminate a possible fault with the Simtek ECU :thumbsup:

You can also have a Subaru Diagnostic check on your original ECU :thumbsup:

Obviously as your car is now mapped for the Simtek only use the original ECU for checking / start up purposes :thumbsup:

I hope this helps :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

car was driving fine no missfires or hesitation, have tried original ecu but no joy car has maf removed for simteck

Hello Leo,

Have you still got the Maf, if so re-connect & try to start with original ECU :thumbsup:

Then you can also have a Subaru Diagnostic Check :thumbsup:

The Subaru Check will tell you a lot more than a Simtek Check can (as there is more functionality, etc) :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael
PS What year is the Car ?

sorry cant reply to pms havent got around to renewing membership yet, but that was the first thing i checked

Hello Leo,

Get the car back onto STD Ecu & run a Diagnostic check :thumbsup:

A few of our traders on the site have software/tools to carry out these checks :thumbsup:

Again, I hope this Helps :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

I know you said your getting fuel, but are you getting enough fuel? I've seen a legacy b4 not start because of reduced fuel pressure.

What fuel pump are you running?

Jaysus Leo... it seems to be never ending grief for you. :wall: Any further developments what's causing problem. Hope you get sorted soon.

[quote author=leoquig link=topic=22206.msg268725#msg268725 date=1269383072]
not yet havent had time latley to spend any time on it, getting very fed up :angry1:
[/quote]

Don't give up fella... it'll be worth when she's running sweet! :thumbsup:

Back