Coolant for 03 leggy

dossie01

Petrolheads
Well lads, noticed the coolant level is down close to low on the leggy, what coolant do I need for it? is it just a matter of bunging it in to the full line? does it need to be mixed or anything? is it main dealer stuff or would halford or a motor factors sell it?

Cheers
Dave :beerbang:

I'd recommend Motul Inugel Expert!

You dont mix that stuff, unlike others. But you won't find it at a main dealer or in Halfords. You have to get it off a Motul Distributor.

Some of the traders here are motul distributors :thumbsup:

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=22181.msg267501#msg267501 date=1269000909]
Well lads, noticed the coolant level is down close to low on the leggy, what coolant do I need for it? is it just a matter of bunging it in to the full line? does it need to be mixed or anything? is it main dealer stuff or would halford or a motor factors sell it?

Cheers
Dave :beerbang:

[/quote]

is it just the expansion bottle at the side of the radiator that is empty? Mine is pretty empty too, but if you check the radiator and reservoir they are both full . Could do with a change i suppose!

Best to change it, instead of different coolants. At least you'll know what to top up with from then on :thumbsup:

As Phil said, Motul all the way :thumbsup:

its on the to-do list for me, ill get some at the end of the month, anyonne know how much you need for full flush?

Not sure about the Legacy, but the Impreza is a 7.5 litre cooling system. Considering they are both H4 DOHC, I's guess its about the same.

Motul inugel expert comes in 5litre gallons, so you'll need 2, but you'll have plenty left over for topping up in future :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=22181.msg267602#msg267602 date=1269028393]
Not sure about the Legacy, but the Impreza is a 7.5 litre cooling system. Considering they are both H4 DOHC, I's guess its about the same.

Motul inugel expert comes in 5litre gallons, so you'll need 2, but you'll have plenty left over for topping up in future :thumbsup:
[/quote]

So 3 of them should do 2 cars? Let me know if you want to go splits Dave!

Back