Torquefest 2010

scoobywankenobi

Petrolheads
Hey all, hope theres no objecion to me posting this here - feel free to remove if it's a problem :thumbsup:
I know youre all track mad here, so i thought some of you would be interested! What we're aiming to do this summer on Torque-irl is something truly different to your normal trackday - i'll let the ad speak for itself!

torquefest.png

Question: What is Torquefest???

Answer:

1. a full day's trackday on Mondello's international circuit
2. a free barbeque
3. a chance for drivers to be shown the line's by race car and time attack car drivers to help improve their skills
4. a chance for people to get passenger lap's in some of Irelands fastest Time attack and race cars
5. a show and shine competition

The first Torquefest will be taking place on the 30th of July 2010!!!!

Torquefest is basically a trackday on the international circuit in Mondello park, with a few extra's :bt:

The cost of entering torquefest is only €200, which isnt bad for what you'll be getting!!!

For your €200, you'll be getting a full day on Mondello's international circuit, a free barbeque, show and shine in the paddock and driver tuition or passenger laps in a race car or a time attack car!!!!

At sign on in the morning you will be handed a ticket, take this ticket with you to briefing. After the briefing is finished we will be pulling number's from a hat. The 1st 5 numbers out of the hat will be getting tuition with Barry Rabbitt, the next 5 will be getting passenger lap's in TDP's monster GTR and so on!! This is only an example and not the correct order!!!!

Some of the driver's offering their teaching skill's and cars for the day are Jimmy Hughes, Barry Rabbit, Robbie Thornton, Brian Sexton, Dean Reilly,
Chris McConnon, John Stone and Brendan "Animal" Stone

Throughout the day the barbecue will be going to keep you guys fed and the show and shine will be going on with various prizes and trophies up for grabs

Its shaping up to be a good day already:bt:

Like I said for those that missed it

Full day on Mondello's international circuit
Free Barbeque
Show and shine
Driver tuition or passenger laps

all for €200

Paypal for those who want to pay that way is carruthlee@hotmail.com

This is limited to 50 cars only!!! So whoever wants in will have to either send a €50 deposit to the paypal account above this or come to one of the meet's we will be arranging over the next few week's :bt:

Now, at least 19 of the 50 places are already filled, so if you want in, either PM myself, email me at fineolchinaman@gmail.com, or send a deposit to the paypal address above, stating in the comments box who you are and what the payment is for! NOWHERE else are you gonna get value like this, so come on!
Thanks lads :subaru:

[quote author=scoobienoobie link=topic=22159.msg275344#msg275344 date=1271775070]
Sounds good, just mailed to see what numbers are left
[/quote]

Plenty of space left mate!

Oh!!
I'll have to get my thumb out and get at least one of my cars track ready!
Thanx man
Dan

Thanx Del!
I'm sure something will be going my way by then!
Dan

this is next month folks, and we need more numbers! track time doesnt come this cheap, and a great day will be had. can anyone who wants to head along get in touch on torque or give me a call 0860248180 :subaru:

I have the name down an deposit in.

looks like a great day, even have the car in with ali burrows getting a few minor problems sorted!
Can't wait for it now

should be good alright, may have to be bumped down to the national track due to poor response but that just means it will be cheaper! Dan, i need the monies in from yourself asap - give me a bell 0860248180 :thumbsup:

[quote author=scoobyDel link=topic=22159.msg292755#msg292755 date=1277899629]
should be good alright, may have to be bumped down to the national track due to poor response but that just means it will be cheaper! Dan, i need the monies in from yourself asap - give me a bell 0860248180 :thumbsup:
[/quote]

Don't think Dan will make it now, his engine went :new_puppy_dog_eyes:

Skyline is still good , but she needs new Pads all round and a few new tyres would be good also!
So I'll have to hold off and see how things are closer to the time,
If I miss out, then so be it, But I will try!
Thanx again Del!
Dan

[quote author=forester sti link=topic=22159.msg292796#msg292796 date=1277907882]
Skyline is still good , but she needs new Pads all round and a few new tyres would be good also!
So I'll have to hold off and see how things are closer to the time,
If I miss out, then so be it, But I will try!
Thanx again Del!
Dan
[/quote]

Mondello need the monies by next week, we've given months of notice dude! can you manage the deposit even Dan?

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:
God damn it!
Unless something comes up soon, I wont even be able to put feckin brake pads on the car!
Sorry Del, I can't commit at the moment!
I hope it works out for you guys! and thanx very much for the invite man :thumbsup:
Dan

Back