1.6 brakes

timports

Sunday Drivers
anybody know if classic 2 pots front calipers and discs will fit a 1.6 without changing the hubs . my calipers have seized and must get new ones but if these fit ill upgrade.

Yeah, I've done this on a few 1.6's

wrx 2pot and sti 4pot front calipers and discs will bolt straight on :thumbsup:

[quote author=timports link=topic=22145.msg267284#msg267284 date=1268911431]
dunno if it matters but its a 98 thanks
[/quote]

As Phil said, they'll bolt right on :thumbsup:

I think there is a spacer needed to change the rear drums to disks but as above everything swaps over fairly straight forward

Impreza's have both drums and disks anyway, so don't think a spacer is needed once you have all the kit to bolt on from another Impreza.

Steve.

i have a pair of two pots off the front of my 98 wrx callipers working fine pads and discs in good condition. let me know if your interested. :smile:

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=22145.msg267345#msg267345 date=1268930314]
I think there is a spacer needed to change the rear drums to disks but as above everything swaps over fairly straight forward
[/quote]

He was asking about front calipers Tommy.

But as for rears, no spacers are needed to change drums to calipers and discs. You defo need: Hubs, Discs, Calipers, Brake Lines, Handbrake shoes, Handbrake Cables.
AFAIK you need the Trailing Arms too but the lateral link arms are the same.

:thumbsup:

[quote author=cwrx link=topic=22145.msg267398#msg267398 date=1268944747]
i have a pair of two pots off the front of my 98 wrx callipers working fine pads and discs in good condition. let me know if your interested. :smile:
[/quote]
they wont let me pm how much u looking for. and can u post to cork thanks

if you are looking for rears i have one pot rears with hubs discs i am in cork if you are interested :thumbsup:

:subaru:i dont know how much they are worth i will be down in kerry and maybe cork in just over a week. text or ring me if your interested and we will sort out the finer details. thanks :thumbsup: sorry forgot my number 0861726148 ciaran.

Back