How can you tell if your car has already been remapped?

Smurf

Middle Lane Hogs
lads......

how can you tell if your car has already been remapped..? :ponder:

slan

papa smurf

:subaru:

[edit] I thought this warranted it's own topic Smurf :thumbsup: [/edit]
Paulo

Only a guess Papa, but suggest you pull back the carpet in the passenger footwell and see is the chip replaced with another (I assume Ecutek chips have their logo on them)

[quote author=my00scooby link=topic=2544.msg23387#msg23387 date=1181135150]
Only a guess Papa, but suggest you pull back the carpet in the passenger footwell and see is the chip replaced with another (I assume Ecutek chips have their logo on them)
[/quote]

Ecutek don't use chips they reflash the standard ecu. So it is impossible to see if a car has been ecuteked just by looking at the ecu.

cheers lads......

where could you go to see, or have it checked.? is it expensive..?

one way to do it would be to get a knock link...give it some stick(not too much) with 95 octane no booster and if its doesnt show a knock its probably not mapped or mapped badly...is your car a fresh import?? highly unlikely anyone in jap land would map their car for a lower grade fuel when they have 101 at the pumps

to be honest with you i dont know for sure, i bought it from an import dealer who said it was in the country about a year but he coulda been talkin a loada barry white for all i know..?!! :ponder:

i was just wonderin coz i read about all you guys sayin the engine could blow and this and that and i feckin dont want anything like that happening..!!

papa smurf

I doubt its been mapped. Also, Personally I wouldnt have bought a car that has already been in the country a year...you dont know whats been done to it in terms of how its been driven.

sounds lads,

she seems solid enough, i mean i was a bit worried about buyin something like that, its a lot of money and ye just dont know what its been drivin like. but i dont drive drive it hard meself anyway. ive redlined her few times up through the gears when i got it first to see what she was like at the higher end and its seems perfect..? havin said that i did used to drive a laguna before so i wouldnt really know..!! but i didnt feel anythin out of place. george from gt also did a full service on it including t/b and said she was fine.?
i am noticing a weird noise coming from the steerin at times, like a snapping kinda noise as if comin from the steering rack.? anyone ever had this problem before..? sometimes when i hit a speed ramp, it makes the clickin, snapping noise and even on a full lock when turning.?

papa smurf

Smurf if you really want to know bring your
car to Martin Tracey in Enfield he has the Ecutek software
and can check it for ya . I would ring him 1st though he'll
probarly charge ya €€€€'s for it :roll:

Niall.

[quote author=Niallyboy link=topic=2544.msg23644#msg23644 date=1181301062]
Smurf if you really want to know bring your
car to Martin Tracey in Enfield he has the Ecutek software
and can check it for ya . I would ring him 1st though he'll
probarly charge ya €€€€'s for it :roll:

Niall.
[/quote]

are you sure he uses ecutek? how come he cant map with it?

I think Niall is thinking of something or someone else, he's not an ECUTEK mapper.

Opp's :wall: :wall:
Not firring on all cyilinders today .........
Sorry lads it's apexi he dose am i right in saying that ?????

Anyway what im trying to say if Martin put's the car on the rollers
could he not, be able to tell if she was mapped relative to the amount
of pre - det and engine output.

Niall

indeed aul martin and the € € € € € €€ €€ €€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€€

yeah i was on to martin and he cant do it, so im waitin............................................on the boys in street performance to get back to me, they seem like they know their sh*t..

Back