a bit of help please

johnb4

Middle Lane Hogs
lads i had a knock in the car when we had the snow and caught a path and bent the control arm and it is causing a loud knock when i go over bumps...i have tried carroll ond roche and they want crazy money and it would take 5 to 6 weeks to order in....i have sourced one from a breakers in the north but the only problem is, is that it is a steel control arm and the one that is bent on my car is alluminium...
so the question i ask is that if i had one steel control arm and one alluminum control arm would it through off the balance of the car.
any help would be really appreciated

thanks in advance

john

can you get 2 off him john? would be interesting to know if any of the impreza's share the same control arm

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=22088.msg266849#msg266849 date=1268740698]
can you get 2 off him john? would be interesting to know if any of the impreza's share the same control arm
[/quote]

yeah i might just ask him can he do me a deal on the both of them

i rang him asking about the interior, he is just checking on it and will ring me back. Is it Froggy off here that has it? or someone else? how you getting the parts john? if your heading up let me know and i might go up with you or else get you to check the interior for me.

Cheers

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=22088.msg266907#msg266907 date=1268752985]
i rang him asking about the interior, he is just checking on it and will ring me back. Is it Froggy off here that has it? or someone else? how you getting the parts john? if your heading up let me know and i might go up with you or else get you to check the interior for me.

Cheers

[/quote]

yeah i will probably head up dan but wont be until next week if u want to head up.....they are called dungloe car breakers in donegal,

Back