Nct question

[quote author=Tommy 555 link=topic=22078.msg266592#msg266592 date=1268680973]
Should be ok without the fog lamp ,

Are you not changing over to standard system for test ?
[/quote]

I will leave on the aftermarket catback system, hopefully it will pass :whistle:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL CAR TEST (NCT)
NEW TEST ITEMS
following public consultation in 2009 the RSA proposed that a number of new test items be added to the NCT in early 2010.The new test items will improve the safety of vehicles on our roads, both for the vehicle owners and for other road users.The new items will be part of the NCT from 1 April 2010

The new items are as follows:

1. Clarity of the windscreen and front side windows
The glass in the windscreen and front side windows will be required to have a light transmission of not less than 65% in order to pass the test.

2. Rear fog lamp
the rear fog lamp, where fitted, will be checked to ensure that when in use it provides a red light which is clearly visible.

3. Reverse lamp
the reverse lamp, where fitted, will be checked to ensure that when in use it provides a white light which is clearly visible.

4. Tyres
A vehicle will fail if an "E" or "e" mark is not visible to ensure that the tyres comply with minimum standards.

5. Indicators warning of fault systems for Airbags, Electronic Stability Control (ESC) and Electronic Breaking Systems (EBS) / Anti-lock Brake Systems (ABS)
The vehicle will fail if a faulty system indicator is not working or indicates a fault in the system.

6. Rear registration plate lamp
If the rear registration number plate lamp(s) is not working properly, a Fail Advisory will issue i.e. it is strongly recommended that the fault be repaired, but, the vehicle will still pass the test.

7. Vehicle exhaust noise
The vehicle will be required to have a level of noise no greater than 99db(A) in order to pass the test to ensure that vehicles comply with acceptable noise levels.

Please note that customers are now required to produce a valid driver's licence or passport when presenting a vehicle as this will be checked the vehicle file.

no need for the fog light mark

but if i were you i would, if you have a standard exhaust stick it on and dont forget to heat up the cat before you send her in for the test

[quote author=DUFFMAN link=topic=22078.msg266652#msg266652 date=1268686542]
no need for the fog light mark

but if i were you i would, if you have a standard exhaust stick it on and dont forget to heat up the cat before you send her in for the test
[/quote]

Okay thanks :thumbsup:

will pass without one if she a jap inport they dont have them on over there as standard :653:
only up north they must be fitted for there MOT as mine was fitted wt one up there so all is good :thumbsup:

Back