Hard work!

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Bit of sunshine out today so i decided to test out the new gear i got from detailer.ie. Washed the car, used Meguiars speed detailer to get rid of water spots etc. Clay barred the car with Meguiars clay bar kit, speed detailed again to remove mess left buy clay bar. Then treated the car to some Meguiars mirror glaze professional paste wax 16. Was a lot of work, and have yet to be over to to mammy for mother days but it was worth the effort. Paste wax really brings out the colour and blue/gold/gree flake in the paint. Should keep me happy until i leave it in for a paint correction in detailer. I would also recommend using the Meguiars foam applicator pads. Paste wax simply glides on the the paint much easier and more even coverage

Few pics:

DSC_3834.jpg

DSC_3791.jpg

DSC_3797.jpg

DSC_3819.jpg

DSC_3821.jpg

DSC_3824.jpg

DSC_3836.jpg

DSC_3842.jpg

DSC_3845.jpg

DSC_3848.jpg

DSC_3857.jpg

DSC_3863.jpg

DSC_3869.jpg

Great job Dan!! :thumbsup:

How did you find the #16 wax to buff off? Thinking about getting some of it myself during the week.

Some job on that Dan!

She looks like a new pin, whenever your ready you can start on mine :tongue:

Just for the craic, do you think you can blow up the first pic of the car so that you can make out the tyre size on the car next to it???
Just for the craic!
Dan

Good work Dan say she looks even better in the flesh. :clap: :clap:

Going to be doing the same in the next few evenings. :thumbsup:

[quote author=Mark Cahill link=topic=22050.msg266340#msg266340 date=1268593603]
Great job Dan!! :thumbsup:

How did you find the #16 wax to buff off? Thinking about getting some of it myself during the week.
[/quote]

its easy to buff off once you dont do too big a section at once and it dries in. basically work it in, then buff it off. goes on really easy too. your welcome to borrow mine to try on yours, and if your happy with it you can get some off Andy. i used feck all and i did the whole car. I'll be happier once i get around to getting all the swirls removed too

What 'mess' was left behind by the clay bar?

You really need to try a filler polish before the layer of #16 to try and mask some of the swirls you have at least until you have the car detailed.. You have some good reflection shots of the paintwork there but the only picture that shows the true condition of the paint is the 4th pic with the bad swirls and scrathes.. Do you still have your DA machine or did you sell it on before using it? Try applying some autoglym super resin polish by machine and work the polish well into the paint.. Its a very very light abrasive so no chance you'll do any damage to the paint.. Buff off and then apply the #16 paste wax for protection. That'll improve the appearance of the paint until you get it detailed and the swirls permanently removed..

Good work all the same, a lot of elbow grease gone into it :thumbsup:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=22050.msg266461#msg266461 date=1268643684]
What 'mess' was left behind by the clay bar?

[/quote]

just the water marks from lubing the clay bar and paint, didn't have any filler polish to hand to help reduce the swirls, i thought i had some of that super resin polish but couldn't find it. Can't really use the DA at home since i live in an apartment, no way of running power to it, i think ill just need to sell up and buy a house with a driveway! Or ill come over to yours Robbie!

Handy if you have a microfiber when you are claying so when you finish a section, you can dry it off while its still wet to save you the time and extra product rather than having to go over it again with the QD :thumbsup: .. Regards parking etc, I feel your pain.. I ended up making my own 30metre extension so I could get power to the car... I hate not having my own garden/driveway.. Good news is we're sale agreed so I'm hoping to get a garage with the new house :pray:

Back