air filters

ste-v9

i currently have a hks super hybrid filter it needs to be changed now tho so looking for advice what would you recomend replace with the same or go with a k and n filter??

oh its a drop in filter to the standard air box

:thumbsup:

I don't know if there is a performance difference with the K&N but they are great filters. The only issue with them is when cleaning them not to put too much oil on them as that can cause MAF damage :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=21930.msg265144#msg265144 date=1268093285]
I don't know if there is a performance difference with the K&N but they are great filters. The only issue with them is when cleaning them not to put too much oil on them as that can cause MAF damage :thumbsup:
[/quote]

never had a k&n one now were would you get the oil for them or do they come with it?

The come ready to use and its only after a service where the air filter is cleaned that you have toput air filter oil on the filter to trap dust and dirt, if you use too mush it gets sucked out of the filter and sticks to the element in the MAF and shortens its lifespan. But from new they are brilliant, and if cleaned and oiled properly there is no problem with them at all :thumbsup:

Couture Auto do an oil-less Cosworth drop in filter that there are a few lads using here. :thumbsup:

I'm sure the other traders also have suitable drop ins to sort you out. :thumbsup:

Back