Lowering springs?

Power22b

Sunday Drivers
Been thinking about lowering my sti but am slightly hesitant as don't want to feck up the handling or make it bumpy to drive. What lowering springs would ye recommend if I was to get some?

[quote author=Anto J link=topic=21919.msg268724#msg268724 date=1269383019]
BUMP for 05WRX
[/quote]

Had Apex in my blobeye and was still comfortable at 35mm drop ,

My rear shocks are creaking like mad now.

Wondering whether to replace them, and all 4 springs, as the car is lowered on Tein springs, but I think the wrong springs, as the back looks a tiny bit lower than the front, or whether to get a set of coilovers.

Is there such a thing as a set of coil overs that can be made almost as soft as OEM shocks, and almost as high (ie 25mm lower would be ok)

Cheers Guys.

some of the good (normally more expensive) coilovers are adjustable to make as hard / soft as you desire!!!

ask some of the traders what they can get and how good the damping adjustment is on them

If the budget stretches I'd go for a set of BC Racing Coilovers.

eibach make the best lowering springs on the market imo' i have them in my wagon and have had them in any car i have ever lowered and find them excelent for comfort and handling they are great :thumbsup:

I see BC's on eBay for 689 sterling, fully adjustable. That's not bad. Hmm, I'd prob spend that on 2 Oem shocks an 4 springs.
The twin springs that r on it r still pretty good, just the creaking is drivin me crazy, an has to be bad for handling on all but the smoothest of surfaces.

[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=21919.msg275414#msg275414 date=1271791945]
dont forget though man that coilovers will be very hard no matter how good they are imo
[/quote]

BC's are fully adjustable and I have read on the US forums they are excellent at damping and very comfortable.

Check with East Coast Customs, those BC coilovers were £650 sterling from them i think, might save you a few quid

Here ya go: http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=20814.0

Actually £585 inc VAT, and they have Tein Super Streets for £921 inc VAT...

Only thing to bear in mind is that any coilover will be very hard on a daily driver car, personally couldn't drive a daily driver with coilovers, just too annoying..

Ye it's not a daily driver, but I still want to keep it moderately comfortable, enough that the woman won't b complaining everytome she gets In it!
Anyone know where to get oem replacement shocks at reasonable value?

If its not a daily driver then get the coilovers, and get a cushion from the sofa for herself when she wants a lift :subaru:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=21919.msg275548#msg275548 date=1271835016]
If its not a daily driver then get the coilovers, and get a cushion from the sofa for herself when she wants a lift :subaru:
[/quote]

Lol, not a bad idea, she'll be able to see out a bit better then too!

Ah, i think stock shocks and lowering springs are the sort of ride i'm after. Maybe even a tiny bit softer would be nicer.
I only use the car at the weekends, and didnt even see her this weekend just gone :-( , but often end up with 4 in the car on relatively long runs, and haven't yet managed to find myself on a circuit! Although i'm trying to change that....

Long runs + coilovers = broken back :lol:

You should try froggy on the site here in the traders section under subaru salvage parts for a set of shocks and see how you get on...

And pay your membership and more than make it straight back at the biggest bargain trackday of the year in a few months :icon_grin: :thumbsup: .. Plenty of beginners there last year and it was a great and very relaxed day for everyone involved :subaru: :subaru:

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=21919.msg275552#msg275552 date=1271836296]
Long runs + coilovers = broken back :lol:

You should try froggy on the site here in the traders section under subaru salvage parts for a set of shocks and see how you get on...

And pay your membership and more than make it straight back at the biggest bargain trackday of the year in a few months :icon_grin: :thumbsup: .. Plenty of beginners there last year and it was a great and very relaxed day for everyone involved :subaru: :subaru:
[/quote]

I've been meaning to do it actually.
And I will do.

I'll be hoping I'm seen as a newbie on track an not a "beginner" if there's a difference.
I went go karting in Pallas Karting actually last sat on a stag. Its a pretty good spot!
Managed to stick in a 1.00.02 lap time which i was happy with, 1.5secs faster than the next best guy ;-) and i'm 13.5-14 stone.

Now to see about becoming a member....

[quote author=scoobienoobie link=topic=21919.msg275554#msg275554 date=1271836602]
i'm 13.5-14 stone.
[/quote]

Show off lol

Im puttin coil overs into the wagon very shortly!!!! I use it rarely so its just there for me to have a bit of fun in!!!
Hope to be puttin it on track this year myself on the club day!!!!
(breaks need sorted and upgraded first tho)
you will be very welcome to hop in and see the difference in ride if ya want (provided your a full member :icon_nana:)

:icon_grin:

You won't be getting a set of L-plates anyway :lol:

If you go out and take your time to find your limits, then you'll have a blast... Take things at your own pace, look for people coming up behind you to overtake and you'll have a great time :thumbsup:

Back