Finally gettin round to some mods

Prinz

Petrolheads
My baby passed the NCT last month with flying colours so I figured I'd press ahead with some mods.

Fitted a Walbro 255 fuel pump and a K&N air filter. Was about to put in some HKS Iridium plugs but found that she's already got a set of NGK Platinums.
Would I be better off with the Iridium plugs anyway and would the Platinum plugs match up OK to a MY06 Hawkeye WRX.

Attached a switch to the green test connectors and put it in the coin box so I don't have to keep gettin down on my hands and knees. Gave the boost solendoid a blast of carb cleaner while cycling in test mode.
Filled the tank with E5 and then did the Vishnu Reset i.e. hooked up my cable and did an ECU reset to set the IAM back to 8 and then did the fast learning trick to get the IAM back up to 16 again.

I think I've found my 20 horses that had strayed cause she was only recording 260 bhp at Couture Auto and it should have been 280.

Next up I've got a bellmouth 3" decat downpipe that I'm looking to match up with a corresponding centre piece and an XForce Varex back box. Just wondering if anyone has an XForce Varex back box and if so do you have to attach a flange to the rear pipe to hook it all up. In addition I've got a Grimmspeed 3 port EBCS that I'll attach before the remap.

Cheers, P.

I think the Platinum plugs are better to the Iridium and Iridium are better than an ordinary plug.

I stand corrected.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=21888.msg265339#msg265339 date=1268167300]
I think the Platinum plugs are better to the Iridium and Iridium are better than an ordinary plug.

I stand corrected.
[/quote]

Fcuk I thought it was the other way round :doh:

Cheers, P.

Cheers Andy for the feedback.
I think I might fit the Iridium plugs anyway just to see :dontknow:

Cheers, P.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=21888.msg265339#msg265339 date=1268167300]

I stand corrected.
[/quote]

other way around andy!!!!

Would I be right in thinking that I might need to get an additional section made up to join the Varex back box to a mid section.

Cheers, P.

it is possible ya might have to get a section made up

wouldnt be sure as I havent seen 1 except in pics

Back