Bit of slippage

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
myself and Johnb4 were having a chat last night and i told him about a little annoyance with my car some mornings. when i reverse out of my parking space in the morning(small incline) as i turn the wheel to reverse out slowly it feels like the wheels are slipping or something, it only seems to happen in the morning, and just the front wheels. Even when its totally dry. John has the same problem with his. Just wondering is this a common annoyance on Subaru's or just our fabulous Legacy's?! anyone know what it could be?

its happened to me the odd time,
a mechanic mate of mine told me its something to do with the power steering fluid in the rack on start up :ponder2:
when turning the wheel while reversering for a split second you feel a slight slide, but your actually feeling it tru the steering wheel (has nothing to do with the cars 4 wheels)
heavy to very light steering in a split second...
well thats what i was told anyway.....fooking baffled me and still does......

i think all legacy's are the same dan the last few i'v had all done it it's like the tyres are fighting for grip even doe your not even doing 2 mph i really notice it on the gravel in the yard reversing out of the garage .only seems to happen on full lock or near it .

thought it was just me Dan, only on full lock it happens, must be on all of the leggys, your not on your own :049:

[quote author=CARLO link=topic=21814.msg264122#msg264122 date=1267736876]
3 with the same problem :ponder2:

Sell them and buy impreza :thumbsup:

:smokin:
[/quote] sometimes happens in me brothers blobeye wrx aswell :icon_nana:

Not well up on legacys,But its pretty common with the 4motion system it seem to be p/s belt slippage or it could be the differental rewinding,which usually results in slippage on 4wd cars :thumbsup:

Back