Little fellas running around in me head again

CARLO

Another stupid idea maybe but someone might know.

Had a surround sound system that had a accident.

Thinking of putting the speakers in car.Ports on back of head unit for additional speakers.

Jacks on speakers not the same so bought correct ones.Disected old ones and 1 red wire and 1 bare metal wire.

Tried to solder on new jacks(never soldered before) might have used too much or not enough solder :dontknow: but bwouldnt work when tried in car.

Anyone any ideas.Should work shouldnt they.Voltage have anything to do with it????????

Anyone want to have a go at soldering correctaly.

Thanks everyone will eventually get this head unit sorted

:smokin:

Hi Carlo

by saying using jacks , do you mean the red and white rca outputs on the back of the head unit ? . if so these are low level outputs that only bring a signal to an amp , these wont drive speakers on their own .hope this helps :thumbsup:

Thats then allright.

2 X REAR LEFT + 2 X REAR RIGHT. Ment to be able to watch dvd in back and driver can have satnav/phone working on front speakers

So if i connect amp do i have to run 4 lines from amp to head unit and 4 from amp to speakers.Nearly more cables going through car than what rte use for outside broadcast

CARLO

if ya need a hand let me know.....

workin nights this week! but should be free all week next week

Any good with a soldering iron :icon_lol:

Give you a shout during the week.Have an amp somewhere will bring with me to see if they work

:smokin:

Back