pro boost

I

iano r

Does anyboby know how much silkolene pro boost to add to a tank of petrol

I usually use 7 or 8 caps and the car seems to go fine

Thats soud,thanks,havnt used it b4,just wasnt sure

I'm not gonna open up this can of worms again but as far as I can remember Proboost would not be the best booster to use on a Jap Import or car mapped for higher than 95.... I've always used Lucas or NF (half a bottle each fill) :thumbsup:

Alan.

I used millars 4 a while,just bought silkolene to try it out,yeah my mates hav started using lucas and find it great

do u find much of a difference using the lucas octane booster

I currently use pro boost in my car, but its an irish STI, I'm Selling her and getting a jap STI and wouldn't dream of putting anything other then Lucas into that. Talk to Damo about getting Lucas, He does good deals. :thumbsup: :subaru: :subaru:

Do any of you know if you add a full bottle of lucas into 50L of petrol how much it will raise the octane? I have looked a fair bit online, does not seem to be easy to find any group tests, i guess its hard to mesure. Pro Boost says on the side .5L = 1 RON point for 50L, 1.5L=3RON and is the most you can use, A few different people told me it was one of hte better ones, seems though maybe its not.

Is one whole bottle what you are putting in your tank?

Proboost = pissing into tank :D

After 1.5 ltr's (i can & a half) it registered sweet damn fu*k all while mapping
an MY03 STI/WRX ???? (Irish Car) It was Frawl's car, sweet machine anyway a half bottle of
NF later and registered about 97RON :D

Niall.

Niall is right. I put 1 1/2 bottles into a full tank of 95ul and it barely registered at all. 1/2 a bottle of NF race and about 30 miles later I can back and Andy Forrest plugged in his lap top and it showed 97 octane.

NF and Lucas seem to be the only ones that really work but as Jonathan in Performance Subaru said you might need a little more than half a bottle of each to get the octane up. I used to use about 2/3 of a bottle as half a bottle will only produce about 96.5 or less depending on the quality of the fuel its added to. Your spark plugs will need changing more often but they're relatively inexpensive and not really that hard to fit.

Frawls

How will a full bottle of Lucas affect a WRX? Is it worth putting a full bottle in to a tank of petrol when I fill up? I'm going to try the Lucas later on tonight. Any replies appreciated

[quote author=kbox link=topic=2516.msg23996#msg23996 date=1181674562]
How will a full bottle of Lucas affect a WRX? Is it worth putting a full bottle in to a tank of petrol when I fill up? I'm going to try the Lucas later on tonight. Any replies appreciated
[/quote]

Waste of money really, it wont give you any extra performance but will increase the safety factor if its a Jap or if your doing a trackday or that. If its mapped for a higher grade of petrol then yes use it but if its a UK car set up to run on 95 then I wouldent bother to be honest.

Its a Jap and its not mapped for 95RON. Sure there's only 1 way to find out. Thanks.

You'd still have to get a jap mapped to run on our crap petrol with the Lucas, It will help your engine until you get the map done but I wouldn't floor it to much if it's not mapped. I'm buying Jap myself soon and from listening to the lads I won't be opening her up until thats done.

Back