Oil for Legacy B4

dossie01

Petrolheads
Well,
Iv'e heard 10w 40 is the best oil for my new shape legacy turbo, but how much do I need? How many litres will she take?

Cheers

Dave

[quote author=Kielyb4 link=topic=21765.msg263617#msg263617 date=1267632368]
I have the be shape and I always put four in and drive round for a while then top up..use 15w50 :thumbsup:
[/quote]

recently did an oil change in mine picked up a 5 litre can of 15w50 Mobil 1 for 47 euro in Halfords, takes 4.7L when changing the oil filter too which you should do everytime

was on to C&R Subaru about a service kit for my JDM B4. They are recommending 10w 40 semi snyth. I put in 15 w 50 the last time. Will thw 10w 40 be good enough or shud i stick with the 15w 50?

they are doing a kit for € 70 with that oil

15W50 is also ok... Its suitable for standard and tuned cars... 10W40 is fine for standard cars, dunno about tuned cars...

would the recommended castral edge be better. For my 2000 legacy gt-b. I don't mind spending the money on the oil if its better. My last servise i used magnatec 10w\40 with k+n oil philtre.

10w40 is for everyday use..it gets up too working temperature quicker, 15w50 will operate better at higher temperatures and pressures ie in tuned cars but as it takes longer to get to working temperatures , especially in winter you need to be more careful before giving you car any stick.
Fully synth 15w50 is is better oil and will give better piece of mind but you need to be more careful on winter mornings

Quick question about oils lads, for the colder winter mornings should a certain grade of oil be used? I usually use a 10w40 semi, but since the mornings started getting a little colder there is a bit more noise until its warmed up. Sort of like a tappet noise rather than a knock.

Back