FALKEN FK452 tyres

johnk555

Petrolheads
FALKEN FK 452 - 225/40R18 92Y XL TL im thinking of geting a set of these
anybody use them ? are they any good

I was using them on my classic impreza before and they were lethal when the road got anyway damp. Was understeering and oversteering all over the shop.

Wouldn't rate them at all.

A quick search on here will find you more posts but here ya go...

[quote author=555-Scooby link=topic=9921.msg118031#msg118031 date=1222891348]
I have used Falkens for years and had them on my last car never had a problem with them and they are great value for money.....
[/quote]

[quote author=briancollins link=topic=9921.msg118086#msg118086 date=1222897889]
I have Falken, Great tire for the money :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I'd never skimp on tyres ...you should look up some stopping distance tests between top brands and see the difference it makes....you might have the best brakes in the world but if need to jam on and have average tyres the car will slide..AWD or not.. tyres are the only point of contact with the surface beneath you.
Plus then you factor in performance...try name a motorsport where tyre choice isn't' essential.
I'm not saying Falken are bad, I never used them, just saying if you can afford the extra 50 quid or what ever it is for F1 eagles or Toyo's spend it...proven tyres.

Toyos suck, emperors new clothes syndrome with them lads always in complaining about them,either pirellis pf zero or goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3 for fast road us,the best all round tire pirelli p6 fourseasons,or you could go michellin but alot of them have been out sourced and baged michellin so be careful :thumbsup:

have a full set of 452 tyres on my own car and rate them as good if not better than a set of goodyear eagles i had on my last impreza,
they are very highly rated by the lads on scoobynet also. :thumbsup:

Alan 555-scooby recomended these tyres to me for my bus and have to say im thrilled with them
great tyre :thumbsup:
like Alan said great tyre for the money :subaru:

ive had falken fk452 tyres on my last 2 imprezas (bugeye wrx and classic gt series 11 turbo) and think they r a fantastic tyre especially in the wet. i have perilli pzero's at the mo but will be changing for falkens very soon as i think they r better.

Yep, tried topgear but recession hit, ordered them on a Wednesday morning from Camskill, at my door Thursday lunch time. (went for 225/45/17)
Just remember to factor in fitting, looking at 15euro per tyre typically so extra 60euro.

Cheers,

Still with the savings you get from Camskill you would not mind the fitting. They are asking €80 a tire in dave mcCann and they are some sh*t make :angry1:

i have Toyo T1-R's on my car and i think they are a super tyre... They've now withstood 2 trackdays and still going strong and thats with the weight of the B4 trying to destroy them...

Is there anyway a place can put on the rubber onto the alloys without wrecking the paint?

I just re-sprayed mine and from previous experience on the dc2 it just whips the paid right off when going around on the machine :boohoo: And then have to re-do them all over again :new_argue:

Back