primary boost problem

Scoobyturbo

ISDC Club Member
my primary turbo is acting all strange at the moment no matter what gear im in if i let the revs drop to around 2000 and put the foot down
the primary starts to boost till about 3500rpm then drops back to 2500 then "surges" to 4500 then secondry boosts
funny thing is it dont feel like theres a gap between the 2 turbos it feels like when it boosts real hard its boosting right through the vod
i have the car 4 years and never felt it doing what its doing now always had the dead zone between the turbos
theres a rattle from the primary when it starts to spool think it might be dieing on me.
dont have boost guage so am lost to whats going on.
should i be looking for second hand turbo?

cheers
Billy

Not too sure on legacy's but maybe a solenoid issue :dontknow:

We have seen a few b4 primarys turbos where the turbine wheel which is exhaust side of turbo has worn and the broken of. And where making noise and eratic power delivery prior.

But may be something like intake pipe ripped etc but if rattle only new and in conjuction with eratic power delivery then best get it checked... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote author=davelegacy link=topic=21718.msg263150#msg263150 date=1267492612]
We have seen a few b4 primarys turbos where the turbine wheel which is exhaust side of turbo has worn and the broken of. And where making noise and eratic power delivery prior.

But may be something like intake pipe ripped etc but if rattle only new and in conjuction with eratic power delivery then best get it checked... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

il have a good look at it in the morn
if needed would you be able to have a look at it for me?

Back