Car just died

breno58

Petrolheads
Well lads was out with the misses earlier and when i was dropping her home the car just died out at a set of traffic lights and hasnt started since :ponder2: when it cut out i tried starting it a few times but it just wont start for dear life :icon_sad: anyone any ideas what it could be?

Could be fuel pump or any number of other things.

Best to get a mechanic to have a look at it :thumbsup:

[quote author=Scoobymaniac link=topic=21717.msg263144#msg263144 date=1267491704]
Could be fuel pump or any number of other things.

Best to get a mechanic to have a look at it :thumbsup:
[/quote]

I taught originally it was something like that after i topped up last week with regular petrol it was running all weird :ponder2:

Tried it there but couldnt hear a thing, also the boost controller is displaying 2.55 and no matter what i press it wont go off, now exactly what 2.55 is meant to mean is beyond me :ponder:

load second hand pumps there if that. sure buzz me tomorrow if your near our way and we;ll get you sorted..

[quote author=breno58 link=topic=21717.msg263131#msg263131 date=1267489033]
Well lads was out with the misses earlier and when i was dropping her home the car just died out at a set of traffic lights and hasnt started since :ponder2: when it cut out i tried starting it a few times but it just wont start for dear life :icon_sad: anyone any ideas what it could be?
[/quote] fill it up with petrol !!!!!!!!!!

just joking-sorry

first things first but id be checking fuses

then connections

hopefully then if that didnt sort it, its just fuel pump is dead

Dave im in clondalkin so a fair distance from you, how much we talking to replace the fuel pump?

[quote author=breno58 link=topic=21717.msg263228#msg263228 date=1267528099]
Dave im in clondalkin so a fair distance from you, how much we talking to replace the fuel pump?
[/quote]

clondalkin to dunshaughlin only down the road 25/30 min

Hello Breno,

Check all your fuses first, the fuse holder may be behind your coin tray below the steering wheel :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Just check them all and replace any that are blown! Only takes a few minutes and well worth it.
If no fuel pump priming and fuse not gone, then get another fuel pump and throw it in.
Happened my brothers car couple of weeks ago, new fuel pump in, primed first attempt and started.
Cheap fix thanks to scoobymaniac (phil).

Back