A little help with bad spelling please!

F

forester sti

I am mildly dyslexic (I had to look that up) Not diagnosed or anything but I have a few tell tale habits! like, I hand write numbers in a funny way, ie. if I write 454, I write the 5 first then the 4 either side! and I mix up d with b and p and q and so on! I usually write the word 4 like 4our!
Don't take the p!ss, I'm serious!

Anyway, My point is, It takes ages to type out a post sometimes, and you may have noticed I often spell things wrong, so I spend a good while reading over the post correcting it before I post!
I know one or two lads, aren't very active on the forum because of similar issues with spelling and they may be afraid of lads taking the p1ss, to spite being very into the club,

So I wondered can a spell check style thing be built in as an option on the forum, I know I can type out a reply as a word document with spell check, and then copy and paste, but it takes longer!
Any ideas??
Thanx
Dan

Dan

Maybe you could try using microsoft word or some other such word processing application until such time as a spell check may be added to the forum itself (Steve is there any way a spell check function could be added?)

I have the same problem and have worked very very hard on it over the years.... Still have relapses tho and its kind of embarrasing some times

Neil

Fair play Hammie,
I do use "word" when I get stuck,
That embarassment holds alot of lads back, it's a terrible frustrating situation to find yourself in!
I am noticeing because now I'm back online, I am posting a lot more!
YOu know whne you send an E-mail, when you click send it high lights each bad spelling and gives you the option to save that word, correct or ignore!
That would be a great option for lads in our possition!
Dan

I would down load google chrome, not only is the faster browser out there but it has the best spell checker, I have the same problem dan

Nobody on the forum cares if you spell something wrong. I can go into any post on here and pick out the spelling mistakes, even ones by myself sometimes. Punctuation is where most lads on here have a problem and its a pain in the *** trying to decipher what they are trying to say.

A solution for you is to download google chrome or Mozilla and use that as your web browser, they will spell check for you as you type. IE is crap compared to them

Cool,
I will try download one of them!
Thanx lads!

IknowwhatyoumeanaboutthepunctuationthingItsveryfrustrating, :icon_grin:

Dan

As above Dan download a browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox, they have built in spell checkers. It would be allot of effort to install a spell checker on the forum as it requires root access to the server it is hosted on if you understand that.

Steve.

As said before, it's not the spelling that annoys people, its lack of punctuation and text speak. I wouldn't be worried about it Dan. You could also think about browsing on an iPhone, it actually corrects mistakes as you type.

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=21600.msg261936#msg261936 date=1267193179]
Nobody on the forum cares if you spell something wrong. I can go into any post on here and pick out the spelling mistakes, even ones by myself sometimes. Punctuation is where most lads on here have a problem and its a pain in the *** trying to decipher what they are trying to say.

[/quote]

spot on robbie. cant see anyone being so immature as to be snotty over spelling. as long as its not text message lingo its good to me!! :comp26:

I get a red line under incorrect spellings when I type a reply or post a new topic. Does internet explorer not do that? I use Safari.

[quote author=AndyC link=topic=21600.msg261967#msg261967 date=1267197434]
I get a red line under incorrect spellings when I type a reply or post a new topic. Does internet explorer not do that? I use Safari.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if IE does it or not, I don't use it. I know Google Chrome does, and Firefox. Safari is the Mac OS version of Firefox :thumbsup:

I am now using Mozilla firefox, It's not doing anything IE did!!
I'll have a look through the settings!

[quote author=Scruff link=topic=21600.msg261947#msg261947 date=1267194406]
As said before, it's not the spelling that annoys people, its lack of punctuation and text speak. I wouldn't be worried about it Dan. You could also think about browsing on an iPhone, it actually corrects mistakes as you type.
[/quote]

It's not so much for me, although I would find it handy, I overcame all my insecurities years ago by pretending I was better than everyone else! Have you noticed! :lol: I'm really just an insecure little fat kid, :icon_cry: :lol:
I was chatting to a member recently, who is big into the club, but doesn't post much because of his dyslexia, which got to me a bit, ( the forum equivalent of being afraid to talk in public for fear of saying the wrong thing) I didn't know if there was a solution for him, but I think this would help! I'll try google chrome now
Thanx very much lads
Dan

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=21600.msg261982#msg261982 date=1267198516]
[size=28pt]GOOLGE CHROME[/size]
[/quote]

I agree with Dave, I use it on any computer I have. :icon_grin: Chrome FTW

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

It took me a few moments to get what you's were on about!
foookers :lol:
Dan

do use this myself dan its deadly i have the same problem my self brother
didn do my junior or leaving cert because of it
still get on the finest as long as i dont got to do maths :wall:
likes of french in school used to bring in max power magazine :dance:
try the chrome do brother good job

diesel tom :subaru:

Hello Lads,

I don't have chrome myself, but I use IE spell at home which is fairly ok :thumbsup:

I think I will give chrome a go :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=21600.msg261982#msg261982 date=1267198516]
[size=28pt]GOOLGE CHROME[/size]
[/quote]

Ok ok ill get u a job on the Chrome development team so!

[quote author=hiwd link=topic=21600.msg261973#msg261973 date=1267197897]

Safari is the Mac OS version of Firefox :thumbsup:
[/quote]

wOOOt? :| Can't believe it Steve! Safari has nothing to do with Firefox.. It's default Mac OS X browser and APPLE product.

There is Safari available for PC too, so is Firefox for Mac.

For me Safari is the best and the fastest browser ever..

but I'm Apple geek ;)

Back