octane booster

daveyb

Sunday Drivers
well lads i recently bought an 03 wrx its not a jap therfore is mapped 2 run on normal irish fuel (so iv been told!) and am running it on maxol e5 since 1 got her, jus wondering would it be safe 2 use lucas octane booster in it aswel and if so what benefits i can expect?, i.e better boost?, more responsive? thanks 4 any feedback :thumbsup:

If you use the booster it increase your octance, If its english it will be mapped for normal petrol so i dont see why you would need the booster.

Guys here will know more tho than me but that my bit :thumbsup:

If you want more response/power get some breathing mods mate :smokin:

If its Irish or UK its mapped for 95, and your using E5 which is 98/99ish ron, so your already running better fuel than its mapped for :thumbsup:

No, you don't need to use booster unless you have any modifications, but you will also need to get it mapped if you modify it.

yea i have a k+n typhoon induction kit on her at d monent she just seems 2 be very lazy in the low revs... looking to get more mods soon just havent got the cash yet so was thinking bout giving the octane booster a bash cause if read a few reviews on it online and everyone was singing its praise sayin they get a lot more poke when they use it... ah well prob jus better off saving the cash that i wud'v spent on the booster and getting a bigger turbo and injectors... thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

Back