Champions League Final

T

Turbo

Altogether now -
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIInzaghi ! :p :clap: :twofinger: :headbanger: :nana:

well least someones happy

page-178-04.jpg

no it certainly doesnt...does an empty trophy cabinet leave you feeling hollow?..no one remembers second place

It's just that there's no thread here celebrating united's league win but there is one about the CL final started by a united fan (even though ye weren't in it).
I think sir alex's feeling of under-achievement has spread to his supporters....

PS: We've got a European Cup in our trophy cabinet and always will, you get to keep it when you win it 5 times!

77 78 81 84 05

Its called humility...being a liverpool fan its a forgein concept to you...how can being the best team over a season give you a hollow feeling??

big difference between utd and liverpool fans when it came to champions league..we were cheering for liverpool because we wanted the big final..every liverpool fan i know kept their mouth shut until utd were knocked out and then it was " haha we gonna be europeans champions"...you shot yourself in the foot be bragging before you had any trophies and now you have none...thats the reality...dont even start to tell me you'd swap runner up in the champions league for a league title were we finshed 21 points clear of liverpool.....

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2443.msg22303#msg22303 date=1180000189]
Its called humility...being a liverpool fan its a forgein concept to you[/quote]

Don't make me laugh! What it's called is "obsession", have a look at the time on Derek's post. Furthermore, go to OT sometime or watch united playing on TV and listen to united supporters' songs and chants - they're all about us!!

The hollow feeling comes with the one european cup that united have to show for their dominance of the game since 92. Ask Sir Alex - he might have got a knighthood, but Bob Paisley won 4, so if anyone wants to start swapping I'd say the mumbling scotsman would be head of the queue - "Off our fcuking perch"????? - I don't think so Red Face!!

[quote author=Dagnut link=topic=2443.msg22303#msg22303 date=1180000189]
every liverpool fan i know kept their mouth shut until utd were knocked out and then it was " haha we gonna be europeans champions"...you shot yourself in the foot be bragging before you had any trophies and now you have none
[/quote]
Don't associate me with random bullshit like that - have a look at the Liv vs AC Milan thread on here to see what I said after the semi finals.

I have been to old trafford and only this year in fact for the everton game...I havent missed a utd game on tv in about 6 years and that was only cos i was in oz seen the big games but..been supporting the since i was 5 or 6 years old so you dont need to tell me about the songs they sing...you can deflect it all you want (excuse the pun!) fatc remains liverpool won nothing this year...should be an interesting summer but i fear utd could lose out to liverpool on some big signings..reckon benitez has more respect through out europe..

Well, that's a fact alright :(

Benitez has had his traditional 'morning after the night before' by letting Zenden go and selling Mark Gonzalez to Real Betis. Fowler, Pongolle and Le Tallec gone, presumably Cisse will be moved permanently too and Dudek to be let go also so bit of room there for new players :ponder:

it was a hell of a lot easier to win the European cup it the 70's and 80's because their were less teams and only the champions from each country got to play in it.......anyway u should all be ashamed of yourselves, bar stool and armchair fans, sorry to say but watching united or liverpool on the box and going on a day trip twice a year does not make you a fan or supporter of either club.........if one or two more of you headed out and watched your local eircom league side you could say you are a supporter of a club in your own COUNTRY.

I used to go to Cork City home matches for a couple of seasons but I stopped after receiving medical advice....

:D

Does anyone have a link for that video of the liverpool team bus............apparently it's hilarious :thumbsup:

Back