Pads for 03 Legacy

dossie01

Petrolheads
Well lads, need a set of front + rear pads for my new shape 2003 legacy. Cant seem to find anyone who can source them bar C&R, and they are rip off, can anyone give me nfo on them as where to get em, type etc? need to get em done pronto. nearly metal on metal

Try the traders at the bottom of the page here. they'll be able to sort it for you. Or if you are able, take a pad out and go to a local motor factors and they will match it for you (drive a different car to the motor factors obviously)

mintex do pads for them or EBC redstuff, you need to look for pads off a 3.0R or a tribeca! the irish legacy uses smaller pads i think. about 70 for the front and 60 for the rears. I can check the part numbers i used when i got back from me holliers on Sunday.

cheers sweetcakes and dan, let me know what ya come up with Dan, my mechanic is gonna whip them off on thurs night, and try source some then, would the 3.0r or the tribeca pads be available usually ex stock in a motor factors? i know it depands on the place.

dave mintex ireland on the green hills road do them thats were i gor mine 50 euro for the front :thumbsup:

cheers john B4, do they do discs too do ya know? i must give ya a bell durin the week and meet up for a chat, are ya around tomorrow evenin?

ye got mine in the same place John mentioned. not sure about discs though, best bet is to knock into them 316mm x 30mm is what u need they should be able to match them off something. i have my old front pads in a box at home. pity im away till Saturday. will have new rear pads delivered too. if your not sorted by weekend give us a shout and we can meet up

Dan ur a legend, turns out pads and discs are fine, its the wishbone bushings that are f$ck%d! 42 euro from c&r and my mate is ptuuing them in for me, tidy result, better than the guts of 500 noted for new pads and discs, nearly a scooby virgin disaster!

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=21472.msg260813#msg260813 date=1266938154]
Dan ur a legend, turns out pads and discs are fine, its the wishbone bushings that are f$ck%d! 42 euro from c&r and my mate is ptuuing them in for me, tidy result, better than the guts of 500 noted for new pads and discs, nearly a scooby virgin disaster!
[/quote]

Ye i nearly replaced discs and pads on mine too when i first got it, then did a bit of research online and found out about the bushings wearing prematurely! usually need to be replaced after about 50K. wouldnt do any harm sticking some new pads on anyway, when you get around to it , just make sure you join the 60 euro club, because the Subaru´s can turn into a hobbie! little things you want done every month!

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=21472.msg260852#msg260852 date=1266944102]
60 euro club??? Fill me in?

[/quote]

Check out the members section when you sign up and you will understand then!

Anyone go a code for rear pads for 03 BL5 leggy? Are they the same as any of the imprezas? Sure i heard someone say they are "blueprint" pads whatever the he'll they are??

[quote author=dossie01 link=topic=21472.msg317026#msg317026 date=1286748381]
Anyone go a code for rear pads for 03 BL5 leggy? Are they the same as any of the imprezas? Sure i heard someone say they are "blueprint" pads whatever the he'll they are??
[/quote]

yes think they are the same as wrx impreza's that have 1pot floating caliper setup

Hey Fellas I need to change front pads soon what do you recomend and how much should I pay for them and where can I get them many thanks John L.

if your not tracking the car or drivin like a lunatic, just go for Mintex pads. They should be no more than € 50 for the fronts & € 40 for the rear.

Fronts are MDB2704

Rears look like MDB1999

Southside Motor factors on Kylemore Road in Dublin are distributors, may be others down your way

Back