What do you think?

Paul v4

Petrolheads
I bought crashed 98 STI last week the guy i bought it from only had it two days and crashed it into a pole :doh: the rad is broke and the four pully that hold two belts on (dont know what their called) i will put some pictures up tonight the guy said he didnt try and start it after he crashed so what do you,s think the chances of the engine being ok cheers :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

Because its only off the boat three weeks only cost me 5k and my m8 who works in dennis o mahony,s fixed and sprayed it for 1k so now i just have to sort the engine ;) now theres not one mark on the hole car, and how much would you pay for one all ready mint do you not think thats a good deal?

My fear would be that the engine could have been pushed back or the chassis is damaged... Having said that, I hope it works out for you as that's a VERY cheap Impreza :thumbsup:

Thanks lads il defo get pics up later IF the engine is damaged how will i no  :ponder: will i just have to buy the pulleys and belts (i have rad) and hope for the best and try start it???

PaulsCarMay07001.jpg

Heres the picture of my engine lads. What do you think. I will post up more pictures tommorrow. Thanks.

sure timing belt is off and cams gone so wouldn't say great chance of engine bein ok valves more then likely bent and maybe worse but hope it works out
line the belt back to factory marks and try start it u will no straight away dont try anyway till timin belt put back proper

Ye hade a good chat with Davelegacy today going to drop the car up to him in a week or two and with a bit of luck get it sorted nice1 DAVE

You never know lad hope it works out for you.
Do you have a pic looking down on the front of the engine.

Back