Chinavision Double Din DVD player review

Hammie

Octane Boostaholics
Hi lads

Thought Id write a quick product review on this DVD player i got for the car....
http://www.chinavasion.com/product_...nch-highdef-car-dvd-player-with-gps-and-dvbt/

I got this DVD player cause I had been interested in the Group Buy for the unit described in this Thread (http://www.isdc.ie/discussion/index.php?topic=19963.0;highlight=chinavision)

So far I have to say im very very happy with it.... It has the DVD player (full screen playback), mp3 / mp4 playback, SD card, USB, GPS, DVB-TV & Ipod capability

Video Quality is very good... No lines or shadows thru the display, nothing but a clear crisp display and very very clear sound.
Radio quality is crisp and clear. no fuzzyness at all
Bluetooth quality to be honest i havent used it much, I still have the parot in the car but I wouldnt want to use the head unit all the time. the microphone is built into the facia of the head unit meaning you have to talk fairly loud to make sure its picked up properly
GPS is good... Im trying to get my hands on Garmin software and Tomtom software to see what all works on it. It comes with Route 66 software on a SD card. Nothing against the system Im just not a fan of the route 66 software.
I havent tried playing music from an SD card yet, but sayin that i was able to open photos off a card i had lyin in the car

Still alot of features i havent really tried yet. But ill get round to them sometime.......
Anyone wants to have a look feel free to gimme a shout some time :thumbsup:

how long for delivery and do i need to get anything for it. I have a bugeye. Who fitted it as id only wreck it

[quote author=super106 link=topic=21450.msg261706#msg261706 date=1267139089]
how long for delivery and do i need to get anything for it. I have a bugeye. Who fitted it as id only wreck it
[/quote]
Took 4 days from Ordering to arrive on the door step, I used DHL as the courier and they charged me 20 euro import tax, which incidently I was able to pay in cash to the driver of the van & a reciept arrived in the post for the import tax 2 days later......

I fitted the yoke myself. Was really handy to do on the classic! Didnt need anything that didnt come in the box other than a screw driver to remove the old radio and screw the new 1 onto the bracket.......

I havent worked on a bugeye before but I'm sure it would be just as easy to fit and if you were stuck id try give ya a dig out!!!!!!

I agree 100% with hammie,got 1 last week and fitted it myself.Pretty much all the wires are the same color so easy enough diy :thumbsup:
Also fitted 4 new speakers and an amp with it but still wont drown out the nur spec :multijump:

[quote author=sean typer link=topic=21450.msg261796#msg261796 date=1267180659]
I agree 100% with hammie,got 1 last week and fitted it myself.Pretty much all the wires are the same color so easy enough diy :thumbsup:
Also fitted 4 new speakers and an amp with it but still wont drown out the nur spec :multijump:
[/quote]

Sean, Connect the hand break wire into the black wire of the connector block and ya(other people in the car) will be able to watch DVD's whilst you drive!!!! Which model did you get? have you gotten a tv signal yet? I think its a bit like free view so it cant be gotten here yet tho i have still to play with it properly to look for a tv signal!

@Gerry.... Ill stick up a few pics tonight.... or over the weekend.

Its a road king.Just tried with the tv reception one day but could not get more than 50%.Dont know anything about the gps but i put it on
leaving abbeyleix on sun and it didnt register me as being on the road at all until i came as far as cork city and it was fine after that.All in all very happy
with it but still have alot of playing around to do with it :thumbsup:

Pics as promised....(sorry they are just phone pics)

26022010082.jpg

26022010081.jpg

26022010080.jpg

26022010079.jpg

26022010078.jpg

My bugeye has a pioneer carotezerra thingy in it, looks hard to take it out, il order the new one and il tackle the install see how far i get! gps aerial must be hard to fit??

my GPS Ariel is sitting in the glove box beside the TV ariel and the Ipod lead..
nothing could be easier to fit really

[quote author=super106 link=topic=21450.msg262145#msg262145 date=1267222575]

My bugeye has a pioneer carotezerra thingy in it, looks hard to take it out, il order the new one and il tackle the install see how far i get! gps aerial must be hard to fit??
[/quote]

i'll take the pioneer if its double din and working ok :) 0879614394

Took the radio out to have a nosey , you just need to feed the gps cable through to the glovebox??

il give that lad a shout for my pioneer radio when i take it out, new roadking is on its way :multijump: :653: :multijump: :653:

[quote author=super106 link=topic=21450.msg262914#msg262914 date=1267464864]

Took the radio out to have a nosey , you just need to feed the gps cable through to the glovebox??

il give that lad a shout for my pioneer radio when i take it out, new roadking is on its way :multijump: :653: :multijump: :653:
[/quote]

sound thanks

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=21450.msg262243#msg262243 date=1267253120]
my GPS Ariel is sitting in the glove box beside the TV ariel and the Ipod lead..
nothing could be easier to fit really

[/quote]

They said it doesnt come with navigation software,i can put it on the sd card but where can i get it fromdo u know??

Back