Clifford alarms ( good , bad or indifferent)

swerv555

Petrolheads
after waiting so long to buy my turbo i decided to spend colossal money on a decent clifford alarm (against advice from certain people, no names mentioned) :thumbsup:, but at the end of the day , i did nt want so little chav , skanger or whatever nicking my pride and joy and destroying it.

So, i d like to know what members think ???????????

In my limited experience with alarms Clifford have always been the most troublesome & I've heard a lot of other bad reports about them .

I once enquired at my local auto-electrical shop about fitting an alarm/immobiliser to the Scoob . They strongly advised against a Clifford system as they have given them a lot of trouble in the past and are overly complicated & expensive . They recommended a Cobra system as it's relatively trouble free , fairly easy to fit but still gives the same protection as the Clifford .

Hello Swerv,

I got the clifford 950i fitted. It is recommended that only a clifford agent fits one of these alarms. They can be a bit finiky with the blackjacks on and you have to aviod pressing any buttons when the car is armed as the remotes have a Very long range. This could lead to disarming the car.
I have not had any probelms with it being set off etc, but I did have a problem at the start, by pressing one of the buttons by mistake, this resulted in the ignition turning on when the car was armed. I got that sorted out.
They have an inbuilt turbo timer which is good and the blackjacks is also very good once you get use to it. All in all I'd say they are a very good alarm but just a bit finiky  :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Hi Swerve,

I have the Clifford with the Turbo timer and the black jax and have had no problems. A mate just brought a car with a CAT 1 alarm already in it and just installed the Black Jax, so the options are there. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Anton

Ive got a Clifford with black jax aswell and find it great. Have it about 3 or 4 years and never once went wrong. Apart from worn buttons etc etc.

[quote author=Renno555 link=topic=2482.msg22798#msg22798 date=1180597116]
Ive got a Clifford with black jax aswell and find it great. Have it about 3 or 4 years and never once went wrong. Apart from worn buttons etc etc.
[/quote]

And apart from that photo that Dave posted on here of you locked out of your car :ponder: :ponder: :D

LOL Turned out that wasent my Clifford at all but my loom which melted onto my manifold :roll:

hey,

i've a clifford 950 on my b4 legacy with black jax aswell as anti tilt, anti hijack, proxy sensor and flashin clifford badge etc.... it can be a pain havin to put codes in everytime you get in or everytime a door has been opened etc but for the sake of 5 or 6 seconds its worth the peace of mind. proximity sensor is good and the way you can set the sensitivity of it from the remote is pretty good too. ive had no bother with mine, have it 3 months now. i have heard of people saying they know someone who has one and its crap and always gives bother but i ve had none with mine nor do i know anyone personally who has had bother. i would recommend it anyway.....(and i know a good clifford fitter if you want his name and number.!!! he offers 24hr call service if anything goes wrong with it.!!))

slan

papa smurf.

:subaru:

Clifford are one of the best but as mentioned
very few places can fit them properly.

@Smurf: How dose the "anti - hijack" work ????

Niall.

well ye know when ypou get in and satrt her up put in your code and drive away..? well if you stop to pick up any or your mates etc....when they open the doors to get in you have 20-30 seconds (you can set the time on this) to put in the code again or else the alarm goes off and everything shuts down. incase you were stopped at traffic lights or something and some scumbag pulls you out of it :shoot: and tries to drive off..? again it can be a pain havin to do it everytime someone gets in and out of your car but as i said, for the sake of a few seconds it gives you peace of mind..!! there was an auto lock on it aswell, once the car is started and the code is in, after 30 seconds the central lockin activates..but this can be dodgy coz you can easily lock yourself out of the car..!! but still i have no complaints with the alarm at all i have to say..... :thumbsup:

happy days....!!!

slan

papa smurf

:subaru:

cheers lads got the full job done(anti-tilt,blackjax,turbo timer ,remote locking ) by mds ireland they were recommended by the ex vice chairman of this club. sleep safe at night now :cheers:

I found Brendan in MDS to be very helpful  :thumbsup:

It's a bit of a shame they put so many sitckers on the car once the alarm is fitted  :doh:

[quote author=Michael Spec C link=topic=2482.msg22879#msg22879 date=1180678173]
It's a bit of a shame they put so many sitckers on the car once the alarm is fitted  :doh:
[/quote]
I thought your car looks pretty good with stickers :p ;)

I found Brendan in MDS to be very helpful :thumbsup:

It's a bit of a shame they put so many sitckers on the car once the alarm is fitted :doh:
[/quote]

Aye, he fitted mine also. And u get a sticker on the back and 2 on the rear passanger windows. Never had a problem with mine though its a concept 450 G5.

yeah MDS and their stickers............

i'd be asking they take them back off before they get their bill paid...

but never heard anything bad about MDS. but usual few stories about clifford.

[quote author=Anton M link=topic=2482.msg22880#msg22880 date=1180681487]
It's a bit of a shame they put so many sitckers on the car once the alarm is fitted?:doh:
[/quote]
I thought your car looks pretty good with stickers :p ;)
[/quote]

LOL I had them also taken off today  :lol:

She looks naked without them :p

Cheers,

Michael

I took the side 1s off for the club stickers but left the back 1 on, its more of a visual deterent for potential car theifs.

once you get a certified fitter to fit the clifford,you will generally have very little problems.The proximity alarm is a very handey feature.You can also connect the alarm to a laptop and download different sound etc via the USB lead(optional where you where you want this to be located.)
Alot of the scum know how good this alarm is and will generally leave it alone.

Well worth getting in my opinion,MDS seem the biz,also a guy called Fergus fitted mine,called out to my work place and fitted,and was available on the phone for when i was gettting used to using the alarm
Alan

Back