boost solenoid cleaning?

F

fat-controller

I was doing a few bits on the car the other day,So i just decided to clean the boost soenoid,I couldnt believe the results the boost is asnt as spikey as before and seems to pull through the rev range much better.Just wondering is that possible with something so simple as that.thanks :thumbsup:

Took off the two pipes connected to the solenoid,connected the the two green connectors under the steering column,turned the ignition on dont start it,spray carb cleaner through it,make sure you have a cloth so it doesnt go ever were,then just spray a small bit of wd40 not to much to keep everything lubed,disconnect the green connectors,connect pipes then take it for a drive. :thumbsup:

i did this a while ago on the many solinoids in the leggy but i blew out any excess with compressed air. i did find an overall benfit but it took the car a while to get used to what i had done.

[quote author=northdublin link=topic=21410.msg261492#msg261492 date=1267106038]
i did this a while ago on the many solinoids in the leggy but i blew out any excess with compressed air. i did find an overall benfit but it took the car a while to get used to what i had done.
[/quote]

in what way???

Back