Insurance

chewbaroo

Sunday Drivers
Hey guys i done a quick search for insurance threads there and most of them seem to be about a year old so probly not completely accurate.......

What i was wanting to know is, is there a difference with insurance companies when insuring a 03 JDM STI impreza vs say a WRX STI TYPE UK??
and is there much difference in performance??

I am 25 with full clean licence for 8yr with 8 year NCB what should i expect, what sorta premium do ye guys pay?

Cheers :xmas_cheers:
CHEW

Unfortunately with insurance its never a clear case of "X is what your going to pay"
depends on Alarm & Immobiliser Status, Location, Where the car will be kept, what modifications are done (if any)
Previous area history etc etc.

For me personally I wouldnt even hazzard a guess of what ya would be paying

im 23 mate full clean licence 3 yrs no claims and i have a 3rd party policy on an 03 wrx and its costing me in excess of 3k... robbery or what! only 2 companies would insure me either :angry1:

with who dave?! I'm with quinn, transferred over from an altezza cost me 82euro and i paid 800 tpft on the altezza, we'll see what renewal is like :ponder:

its with travellers insurance tru 123.ie... i tryed quinn but they wudn quote me cause i wasn insured wit them but if you are with them and change over from another car its no bother... der fookin robbers man im gona have 2 get rid of it soon costin me nearly 2 ton a wk to run between insurance and juice... madness or what!

[quote author=Jamesae86 link=topic=21390.msg260883#msg260883 date=1266947449]
mad alright ya :(
sligo_dave who you with if you don't mind me asking?
[/quote]

with quinn. renewal was 590 for third party but rang saying i got same quote for fully comp and would stay if they matched it. push them for it and they wont want to lose a customer. been with them for 4 years, as is herself, so they have got a lot of money from us over the years!! :thumbsup:

i got a quote yesterday in the post from wrightling or somethning like that.. i can comfirm it tmr evening for ye!
im 27 and its fully comp 810 for the WRX 05 Pro Drive
i will be changing once im finished my year out with quinn, cos with quinn they added 210 for the last 6 months, so it works out about 1100.

there was another company too it came in with 655 fully comp but the excess was 4000k lol abit of a joke really think it was XS Direct or somthing.. ring the O'Learys Brokers they will sort ya out. 023-8843399

Well i would def advise putting the wife or girlfriend on the policy as a named driver if she has a full licence, dropped my inc around 200euro when i put a girlfriend on, :lolpoint:

same for me!!!!
advised by girl on the phone to add the wife on the car as a named driver to get competitive quote...
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I'm 35, only driving a 1.6 (2006) and my renewal has come in at €574, up from €466 last year. That's fully comp and full ncb and have someone named on it as well. I know it's a lot less than some of ye are paying but taking all into account, i think it's a bit much to increase it by 23%.
I'll be shopping around!

Modified Post: Just modifying this post rather than adding another one. Couldnt get anything near my renewal quote but managed to squeeze another €32 off them. I'm with Allianz through Glennon brokers in Dublin. This policy allows me to make 2 claims in a 3 year period without losing my NCB.

Hi guys
I'm just gone 32, full ncb. Driving 00 Sti type R. paying €850 fully comp with Axa.
This is my 3rd year with them, was with hiber for 3 yrs with wrx. They (HIB) qouted me 1260 3rd party
for type R. Axa came in 1100 fully comp. Bye bye hibernian!
Give Axa a try

Always have no problems with o leary insurances in cork. They insure all my mates imprezas and mine of cource.

Back