Warm Up

johnjoe64

Petrolheads
Folks how long do you let your cars warm up for I just put Motul 300v 15w50 in my car so whats safe cheers John L.

I dont boost until my oil pressure gauge reads a steady 75 to 80 degrees.

i usally leave the car ticking over after remote start for 10 mins, or you could just keep it below 4k revs until temperature gauge shows half way

I normally leave her ticking over for 10mins and then drive easy for 10mis to let diff,gear oil and so on warm up fully :thumbsup:

Assuming you don't have extra gauges in your car then you're talking about water temp gauge.

Thats not a good indication of when the oil is up to temp, takes much longer for the oil to get up to temp

I don't have the luxury of ticking over time getting out to work in the mornings.

Generally wait until oil temp gauge is above 80, which can take a long time. Most mornings I'm at work before the car has warmed up properly so might as well be driving a micra :wall:

[quote author=markobucko link=topic=21344.msg259032#msg259032 date=1266431082]
start up and let idle for couple of minutes and go!!!!
plenty enough
:thumbsup:
[/quote]

+1

:lol: warm up, what you talking bout will :ponder2:
iv a jacket to keep warm when i get into a car on a cold morning.

Warm her up on the limiter for 5 mins, and then drive her below 2500 rpm to work :)

[quote author=KENC link=topic=21344.msg259475#msg259475 date=1266532190]
Warm her up on the limiter for 5 mins, and then drive her below 2500 rpm to work :)
[/quote]

:icon_grin: :icon_grin:

Back