Leaky Rad?

gtpeadar

Petrolheads
Howdy all,

Got a new alloy radiator in my leggy after the new year after the old one let go during the cold weather. All was good til this evenin when i finished work and there was a small patch of wet under the front bumper. Coolant was up to the full marker and no overheating on the way home. Car was parked on an incline facing down if that may have had any bearing?

Just a bit worried coz the cost of the new rad, recovery, 4 new tyres and labour pretty much ruined me financialy after christmas and new year.

Thanx :thumbsup:

sorry dont mean to be so obvios, but was it raining this morn on your way to work??? or wet roads, also did you smell the wet patch, was it sweet smelling........... i dont wanna hear any jokes about that last sentance :lol:

:lol: Didnt smell it. Never thought of that. :hammerhead:

Wasnt raining this mornin on the way in. Forgot to mention it was parked in an underground car park. Was parked from 10 this mornin til 7 and there was only a small patch. Like it only started an hour or so before i saw it?

ya didn't fill the water sprayer bottle or anythin ya mite have spilled or cap not on properly, sorry i know these aint very technical, just may be things you aint though about.

Hmmm. That did cross my mind. Filled the sprayer bottle sat afternoon and spilled a bit of water. Could have been sitting on the sump guard until i parked on the hill? :ponder:

Thanx John

probally better than a smelly wet patch :lol: :lol: :lol:
no offence wet patch if your reading this :lol: :lol: :lol:

You should always check the coolant in the reservoir on the block too,

Just because there is water in the bottle does mean its in the block. I had the same problem as you and the minute I see water under the car I get :angry1:

Best thing to do is keep a constant check on the resovoir and water bottle..especially the reservoir on the block.If the coolant goes down in the bottle top it up and keep an eye on it.

Good luck with it :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Which side of the of the car was the leak under? Could be the coolant overflow? Maybe you topped it up too much and it spit the rest out. The overflow on Impreza's is on the front passenger side, so would appear under the bumper there. Dunno about leggy's though.

Steve.

Thanks for the replies
Afraid i have questions about them though :hammerhead:

IS the overflow, the plastic one that sits right behind the rad?
Is the resevoir on the block just sitting to the left as you look in?

Cheers

Yea, thats the one lad :smokin:

Just make sure you dont open the one on the block when the car is warm or coolant will go everywhere :thumbsup:

Just checked it there. ( Didnt move the car yet today). Tis all good. No loss of fluid anywhere.. :dontknow:

Just being overly cautious after the mishap at the start of the year.

Back