has a 2 door Sti 2004 every been done

Echo

Middle Lane Hogs
Just saw this pic on another thread has it every been done and if it was done ie welding up rear done and body work molded back would it be ok for the the road

If anyone can fix the pic be great

<table border="0" width="468" style="border: none; font-family: Myriad, Helvetica, Verdana, sans-serif;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="border: none;"><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowNetworking="all" src="http://w116.photobucket.com/flash/t...L2FsYnVtcy9vMzgvRWNob18wMjIvc3RpY291cGUuanBn" width="468" height="248"/></td></tr></table>

sticoupe.jpg

You have to shorten the car to do that.. would be some job to do. Don't know if it was ever done on a subaru but an evo in England was converted to 2 door which involved shortening the car.. You'd want to know what you'd be at to say the least.. and have loads of money

Why couldnt you just weld up the doors and smoothen i seen evo3 done in a mag like that

[quote author=Echo link=topic=21166.msg256748#msg256748 date=1265834075]
Why couldnt you just weld up the doors and smoothen i seen evo3 done in a mag like that
[/quote]

back end would look awful long of you done it that way. look at pic above and picture how much extra space the door takes up. it looks sh*t hot but it'd be a massive job.

You wouldnt have to shorten the car really..... you could move the B pillar and use a longer door (probably custom built door needed) then get a custom 1/4 pannel. The only reason the rear of the car would look abnormally long would be that the front door was too short.

Look at the pics of the 2 door 22b wagon that was being built...... they used a longer door to visually shorten the rear of the car.

There would be a hell of a lot of work in it and id say depending on the structural strength of the car you would probably have to put a cage in that would strengthen the points that were weakened again.

Would look the Mutts Nutts tho

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=21166.msg256876#msg256876 date=1265883431]
You wouldnt have to shorten the car really..... you could move the B pillar and use a longer door (probably custom built door needed) then get a custom 1/4 pannel. The only reason the rear of the car would look abnormally long would be that the front door was too short.
[/quote]

What a nightmare to do though... you'd need longer door glass and shorter rear glass! Custom built door would be a nightmare to build or get made! Better off doing what Dialynx do with SWB quattro conversions and just chop section out between B-Pillar & C-Pillar... shorten it all and weld back together. MAssive undertaking though! :wall:

I know the Norris designs SWB Evo was a nightmare to build and hardly worth it. Also if you intend it to be a road car you need engineers report to stand over work done and I know Dialynx in the UK have had probs getting shortened cars through MOT due to extensive work carried out! It's basically a cut & shut... and the insrance companies/authorities won't be a fan!

[quote author=JAMIE-TYPERV6 link=topic=21166.msg256881#msg256881 date=1265884157]
What a nightmare to do though... you'd need longer door glass and shorter rear glass! Custom built door would be a nightmare to build or get made! Better off doing what Dialynx do with SWB quattro conversions and just chop section out between B-Pillar & C-Pillar... shorten it all and weld back together. MAssive undertaking though! :wall:

I know the Norris designs SWB Evo was a nightmare to build and hardly worth it. Also if you intend it to be a road car you need engineers report to stand over work done and I know Dialynx in the UK have had probs getting shortened cars through MOT due to extensive work carried out! It's basically a cut & shut... and the insrance companies/authorities won't be a fan!
[/quote]

Totally agree that it wouldnt be worth it unless it was going to be a1 of a kind track monster..... even then if your arent made of money I wouldnt think it would be worth the time and cost involved......
Cut and Shut Type cars (even when done right) can have issues with strength and rigidity.... Remember doing some of this type of work in college as a learning exercise when I was training to do car body repair.... then we crashed the car again to show the weakness's... SCAREY AS FECK!!!!!

Hammie is right , peugot ecosse done it years ago to a 306 4 door saloon( i Think it was actually badged sedan) , they cut both sides off and welded in the b pillers from a 306 hatch back along with the longer doors then used the hatch back 3/4panels including 3/4 windows and welded them to the saloon ones and blended it all , stuck a v6 engine in it and painted it green it was class. (it was in max power).
east coast customs in america done it to 2 mercedes cls 4 door saloons , they bought extra front doors and cut them and joined them to make longer . They looked class. custom glass was needed.
that blob eye looks deadly. :thumbsup:

Hello Lads,

AFAIK there was a two door conversion done on a Blob which was on Scoobynet :thumbsup:

They also fitted a wide arch kit :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Michael

Back