EVO 6 Detailing.... Massive Thanks to Sweetcakes!!

JAMIE-TYPERV6

Octane Boostaholics
LAds,

I can't thanks Robbie (Sweetcakes) enough for what has to be the best detailing job I've soon done on a black car. I always thought I was particular regarding cleaining and polishing cars but the level of dedication, detail and the time he spent on my good mates black Evo was staggering.

My mated owned this car for a few years but has to part with it due to lack of work. The car has been parked up in one of the wettest, dampest parts of wicklow that sees no sun light for about 9 months of the year and the amount of green algae and slime on the car was unbelievable. The car's paint was alright underneath it all but was in bad need of some TLC to remove swirl marks in it and get rid of the flat in the lacquer. Car hadn't been polished in over 2/3 years so you can imagine the state of the paint work! :snooty:

Robbie not only did the most outstanding job... pics taken today don't do it credit ... but he did it all on the tightest budget due to mates current circumstances, but used all his own equipment and spent a full 18 hours to complete it... double the time he'd thought... and at no extra cost!! This has helped my mate beyond belief as he now has the tidiest looking Evo ready to stick up for sale so as to make some badly needed cash!

I can't thank him enough... :clap: but can advice anyone that if they fancy's getting their car detailed then talk to Robbie as I've never seen such dedication & knowledge and all from the soundest fella! He's a pure legend! :icon_pray:

Many thanks agin Robbie for helping out my mate! :thumbsup:

PS - Pics really don't do all Robbie's hard work credit! The finish is only savage!!!!! :wazzup:

Karma!!!!

Imagine doin all that without the polisher and just using arm power..............
That looks like an amazing job Robbie....
Fair play for helpin out a lad in need like that aswell (deserves extra karma imo)

Top job from a legend of a lad

No worries Jamie, I was happy I could help the man out :thumbsup: .. I feckin loved every minute of it anyway so hopefully he gets it sold now so he can get back on his feet again.. :thumbsup:

The pics came up well, I love beading pics.. Thats the benefit of Dodo Wax, love that stuff and the smell is delicious :tongue:

Its a pity I didnt get any before pics(damn camera battery), the poor car had mould and moss growing out of every orifice :eek7: .. took about 3 times longer to wash, detar and clay it than I originally thought :icon_eyes: .. That 50/50 of the rear spoiler came up well, well impressed with that :icon_grin: my first attempt at a 50/50 :lol: Wish we had of taken a before pic of the driver's side door sill before i polished it, I still can't believe how well that came up with all the scratches running through it. I'm delighted with how the car turned out, hopefully whoever the new owner is will look after it now :pray:

@Hammie - arm power me hole, tried that once and never again.. I would have lasted an hour on sat before collapsing in a heap on the ground :lol: .. I used a Kestrel DAS-6 with Menzerna 203S polish to remove the swirls which worked a treat..

looks great Robbie great job, did you just use the Menzerna 203S polish for swirls on the orbital and them glossed it up with dodo juice by hand? what size pad did you use?

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=21091.msg256095#msg256095 date=1265640723]
looks great Robbie great job, did you just use the Menzerna 203S polish for swirls on the orbital and them glossed it up with dodo juice by hand? what size pad did you use?
[/quote]

hey dan, I used the 203S on a combination of 6" and 4" pads to get rid of the swirls. I used the 4" pads around the curves on the wings, sills and anywhere else where space was tight. I used a meg's polishing pad also which was up to the job rather than having to up it to the cutting pad.

The dodo juice I applied by hand with some foam applicators I have. Then left it for approx 20mins and buffed off. I have Blue Velvet which is a Hard wax designed for Black cars and looks fantastic.

must get a list of stuff you use so and try it out on mine so, hasnt seen a drop of polish all year! not sure if that Sonus stuff i have is any use, or else im not using the polisher properly!

some job robbie, class

its one beaut of a car to, all black looks great, welldone man

[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=21091.msg256105#msg256105 date=1265642876]
How big an area are you working at a time and how long are you working the polish for?

[/quote]

last time i did it i did maybe half of the boot lid at a time for 6 or 7 passes at low speed then up the speed and did a few more passes, maybe i wasnt applying enough pressure or doing it for long enough to remove the swirls or maybe the Sonus stuff has a low cut rating

[quote author=Altezza-Dan link=topic=21091.msg256135#msg256135 date=1265648087]
[quote author=Sweetcakes link=topic=21091.msg256105#msg256105 date=1265642876]
How big an area are you working at a time and how long are you working the polish for?
[/quote]

last time i did it i did maybe half of the boot lid at a time for 6 or 7 passes at low speed then up the speed and did a few more passes, maybe i wasnt applying enough pressure or doing it for long enough to remove the swirls or maybe the Sonus stuff has a low cut rating
[/quote]

It should still make a difference on soft subaru paint. What grade of sonus is it? How fast are you moving the machine? You could also be using too much polish. The polish will start to go clear as you work it, once it goes clear, up the speed and keep a firm pressure (but not so much to make the pad stop rotating) and move the machine across the panel at about 1-2 inches per second. When I'm starting, I'll smear polish all over the pad to completely cover it and then I'll only need to put 2 pea sized blobs for each new section of 1-2foot wide squares as I move around the car.

Wow some job that :clap: :clap:
Ill be booking mine in soon :tongue:
And some kama for helping a lad out your a credit to the club :thumbsup:

Back