wiring problems

scoobysub

ISDC Club Member
a few problems wiring up the king cobra .firstly 1.radio wont turn off when i take the key out of the ignition everything is working ok when its turned on .2 there's a wire marked brake and a brake light on the screen of the radio does this go to the handbrake .3 the tv doesn't work think it's connected to the brake wire . anyone any ideas lads thanks .

Its meant to be connected to the handbrake so u cant watch the tv unless your stopped. You can get around this by grounding the wire or something. i'll see can i find it

the unit not turning off with the ignition sounds like your permanent live and ignition live might have been reversed......
the tv not working could signal related!!! is it digital tv or terrestrial?
Screen not working should be easy enough solved.... might be a case of connecting the wire to another power source (cant actually remember if its power or earth related)

fair play lads will try that now can i ground it by putting it with the earth (black wire ).also there's a blue wire marked .also there's a blue wire marked power coming from the wiring harness of the van with no blue wire from the radio .i wired everything else up by matching the up the colours all that's left from the radio side now is 2 orange wires one says back and the other says illum and the brake wire

[quote author=Hammie link=topic=21059.msg255759#msg255759 date=1265487291]
the unit not turning off with the ignition sounds like your permanent live and ignition live might have been reversed......
the tv not working could signal related!!! is it digital tv or terrestrial?
Screen not working should be easy enough solved.... might be a case of connecting the wire to another power source (cant actually remember if its power or earth related)
[/quote]

i swapped over the permanent live and ignition live and its the same story :wall:

where are you based mate ? the blue wire is normally power for antenna or to switch on sub or other extra equiptment.
The illumination is to auto dim the stereo when you switch on your lights. and you just have to find the switched live for the power issue.
Did you not just buy an iso lead for your van ??
If you are in Dublin i can sort it tomorrow for you free of course

how many power leads are going into the unit?
[/quote]
there's 6 4 red 2 yellow but i.v checked them all with the multimeter for the switched live from the ignition but none of them were it .

where are you based mate ? the blue wire is normally power for antenna or to switch on sub or other extra equipment.
The illumination is to auto dim the stereo when you switch on your lights. and you just have to find the switched live for the power issue.
Did you not just buy an iso lead for your van ??
If you are in Dublin i can sort it tomorrow for you free of course
[/quote]
have everything up and working ok but its not turning on or off with the ignition.i bought and iso extension lead for it and plugged it in to the van wiring so as not to be cutting into the original wiring harness i couldn't get a lead from the van wiring to the stereo will try looking for during the week. they send a lead with the radio with one connector for the radio side the other end are all loose wires that have to be joined .cheers for the offer fenser will give you a shout if if i cant get a lead working in dublin all the time so will let you know :thumbs up: thanks again.

did u get this sorted in the end?
I wired up the Road King the other day and thought i was having the same issues......
What i found is that when i turn off the ignition the head unit will stay running for up to a minute.... but once im gettting ready to get out of the car it turns its self off!

its working great hammy but have to turn it on and off which is no big deal .as a matter of interest did you get the tv working on it i.v had 100% signal and 100% quality but still nothing on the screen.but to be honest it's some piece of kit for the money sat nav , bluetooth, dvd/cd , tv, wifi the lot i'm well happy with it :thumbs up:

I havent gotten the TV to work, but i guessed with it being Digital TV it wasnt available in Ireland yet......

Ill maybe mess around with it this week sometime

Im just writing a review of the Road King in the ICE section for the lads who have been asking about it....

Back