AP Racing or Ksport?

Altezza-Dan

Octane Boostaholics
Would you go for 4pot 325mm AP racing kit or 330mm 8pot Ksport kit?
1250 vs 815 euro

Which would have better stopping power??
Which would be more durable?
Replacement parts issues?

Edit: actually only 1050 for the 330mm kit with the AP CP6600 4 pot calipers , Ferodo DS2500 pads. very tempting!

AP if money is no object..try find a decent race car out there that doesn't use AP brakes. they are top of the tree.

Stopping power the k sports may have the edge first couple of times but the won't be anywhere near the quality of AP..you won't get rears for the AP to match the front you can get rears in the k sports.
I'd still take the AP's but you can just get a bracket for the the rears to fit.

EDIT: just seen your edit....no contest 1050 is a bargain AP without a doubt

Its only the front kit I would be getting with some new matching pads on the rear. Seems like the ap's are the ones to go for. Anyone know if the AP calipers are smaller than gold brembos?

Diesel tom was going to sell me his AP racing brakes a fieu weeks ago but i havent the funds ,maybe ask him about them ,there as new i think tom bought them new and he bairly uses the car

ya have them a while. been having other problems that seem to keep going on and on nearly back to full health i hope.anyway APs all the way. :thumbsup:

[quote author=leoquig link=topic=20960.msg255011#msg255011 date=1265234120]
ya have them a while. been having other problems that seem to keep going on and on nearly back to full health i hope.anyway APs all the way. :thumbsup:
[/quote]

think i have been sold on the AP's lads, should be able to get them at the end of the month, is it a big job to fit them? might have a go at it myself some weekend!

i'd go for the alcon prodrive brake calipers myself .....
AP would be the better ones though over k-sports!!!

AP all the way. have 6pots with DS2500 pads on mine and ill never go back to anything else.stopping power is amazing.
fitting is not too bad once your handy with spanners and can bleed brakes properly. :thumbsup:
im sure between the lot of us on here we could guide you through it. :geek:

If you just want them for show go for Ksports, as they will do the job for road use and half the price, but if intending to do track days and a bit of hardcore driving then go for ap`s. I had both and ksport are poo on the track after certain mileage.

Back