Boosting at 1.1 bar??

OrlaTypeR

Sunday Drivers
My type r is boosting at 1.1 im just wondering is this standard, there is no boost controller of any kind on d car and its a standard ecu..

ye id say its standard alright they are usually about that,but someone on here will defo confirm it for ya :subaru:

[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=20905.msg254257#msg254257 date=1264967896]
ye id say its standard alright they are usually about that,but someone on here will defo confirm it for ya :subaru:
[/quote]

they usually bleed off to a bar, but it depends on the accuracy of the guage

Hi Orla,

I think a bar is std pressure but just be careful of over boosting! Over boosting without mapping can be nasty on engine internals and check engine lights can start flashng! Just so you know!
Hope this helps!

Paddy

[quote author=Paddy scooby link=topic=20905.msg254288#msg254288 date=1264972768]
Hi Orla,

I think a bar is std pressure but just be careful of over boosting! Over boosting without mapping can be nasty on engine internals and check engine lights can start flashng! Just so you know!
Hope this helps!

Paddy
[/quote]

check engine light actually came on when i gave d car a bit of a lash on d motorway one night :new_puppy_dog_eyes: hasnt done it since thank god

is it mapped ? if not you should look at gettin it done type r,s have suicidal tendencies :cuckoo:and are prone to engine failure dont mean to scare you :thumbsup:

[quote author=wagon dec link=topic=20905.msg254332#msg254332 date=1264982955]
is it mapped ? if not you should look at gettin it done type r,s have suicidal tendencies :cuckoo:and are prone to engine failure dont mean to scare you :thumbsup:
[/quote]
:shock2: really! nope its not mapped but i have an apexi power fc so it'll get mapped eventually whenever i get the moola :smile:

I drove my R for well over a year without it been mapped but standard using texaco, had no problems what so ever. and with a heavy foot. :whistle:

but in saying that when i did get it mapped with a few small upgrades, you just notice the differance straight away.
get it mapped even if its standard to be on the safe side, if you have the ecu your halfway there.

and youl have more power :thumbsup: even if its standard with the map cos its not running at its full potensil, cant spell that word. :icon_rolleyes:

If you have the apexi power fc already then definitely get it thrown in now for peace of mind.

Give Nick in CDA (on of the traders on here) and he'll map it up for you at a very decent price :thumbsup:

Then as you make further changes you can get a tweak map to suit

Get the Power Fc in there and mapped Orla. Im running 1.4BAR on my Power FC, standard car apart from blitz back box.

Back